My HTC One X has died

IonfluxZA

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I got my HTC one X middle September. Haven't had any issues with my phone and then about a week ago my phone just died after running a game. Simply put, my phone turned itself off, so obviously my first reactions were that it crashed and that there was some compatibility issues with the game. Only my phone didn't want to turn on at all, when I put my charger in it didn't charge either i.e no lights, nothing. I thought I would search the forums and many people suggested holding down the power button or holding down the volume down button and power button to hard reset my phone. Turns out that didn't work either. As you can imagine I was pretty bleak so I decided that I would return my phone. The next day however I tried one more final attempt to turn on my phone and like magic it turned on. I was pretty grateful. One week later last night the same thing happened. Only this time it doesn't seem like my phone is going to budge.

Is there anything that I can maybe do to fix my phone? I don't make a lot of money and I can't afford to be without a phone for a week or more if I send it in for repairs.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what carrier you have, but the way Verizon works it is that they send you a phone then you send the old one back. I would talk to your carrier and see if they can do that for you

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Call ATT warranty repair. You will not be down a week. If you call your local store and ask if they have a service outlet nearby, you might be able to take care of it walk-in.

It is easier than you think. Just be critical of the device you get back as it does not reset you warranty period.

IonfluxZA

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
So I sent my phone in yesterday, unfortunatly I'm going to have to wait 3 weeks until I get my phone. I'm still quite interested in what could of caused the problem. I'm assuming its either a faulty battery or maybe software related? Does anyone have any idea what could of caused the problem?

I'd really appreciate it.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for a warranty replacement but they had me keep my phone until the new one comes. I have AT& T. Your phone was not working at all so I guess it doesn't matter, but that's how AT&T handles it. I could have driven to a service center 45 minutes away (which I have done before) had I chose not to. I will deal with my current phones issue until the new one arrives.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

IonfluxZA

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting for a warranty replacement but they had me keep my phone until the new one comes. I have AT& T. Your phone was not working at all so I guess it doesn't matter, but that's how AT&T handles it. I could have driven to a service center 45 minutes away (which I have done before) had I chose not to. I will deal with my current phones issue until the new one arrives.

What went wrong with your phone if you don't mind me asking?

Morgoroth

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone does something like this, and I have to leave it plugged in to a charger for 30 min. to an hour so it will get enough juice to turn on.
It seems that something is getting stuck and killing the battery. Maybe something similar happens to you too?
So far it has been about once every other week or so.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
What went wrong with your phone if you don't mind me asking?

I seem to be cursed with text problems.My last phone I spent months with AT&T trying replacement phones and new sim cards and resets etc everything they could think of until they finally offered me an early upgrade to this phone. I got this phone on release day and all had been well until last week and texting problems started again. I have been missing texts from people, I receive them ten or twelve times sometimes, conversations will be out of sequence. Last week they gave me a new sim card and the problem continued. Yesterday I went back in and they reset the phone and the AT& T rep sent me a test text and I received it 3 times.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So I sent my phone in yesterday, unfortunatly I'm going to have to wait 3 weeks until I get my phone. I'm still quite interested in what could of caused the problem. I'm assuming its either a faulty battery or maybe software related? Does anyone have any idea what could of caused the problem?

I'd really appreciate it.

Three weeks is way excessive. That sucks!

As to what went wrong, it sounds like your battery went bad. They do sometimes just go bad, though most start to fade after a year. But they do fail early, and it can be sudden. My experience is mostly with laptop batteries but it is all the same low tech. We need a battery revolution badly.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
My wife's HOX has a similar issue but I figured out its the proximity sensor. It gets stuck and thinks your face is still next to the screen and refuses to disengage. Only a hard reset fixes it when it happens.

thedroidfanatic

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I got my HTC one X middle September. Haven't had any issues with my phone and then about a week ago my phone just died after running a game. Simply put, my phone turned itself off, so obviously my first reactions were that it crashed and that there was some compatibility issues with the game. Only my phone didn't want to turn on at all, when I put my charger in it didn't charge either i.e no lights, nothing. I thought I would search the forums and many people suggested holding down the power button or holding down the volume down button and power button to hard reset my phone. Turns out that didn't work either. As you can imagine I was pretty bleak so I decided that I would return my phone. The next day however I tried one more final attempt to turn on my phone and like magic it turned on. I was pretty grateful. One week later last night the same thing happened. Only this time it doesn't seem like my phone is going to budge.

Is there anything that I can maybe do to fix my phone? I don't make a lot of money and I can't afford to be without a phone for a week or more if I send it in for repairs.

If the battery goes fully zero, then this happens, leave it on charging for a while, and soon, the red light should blink :)