Music Player From Hell

aboxa

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay I don't know if its just me but seriously, the music player on this phone is horrific. It mangles all the song information and don't even get me started on how, for reasons I don't even understand, assigns wrong album art almost constantly.

But that's not the problem.

For some reason almost all my songs now say <unknown album> and the album arts have suddenly vanished. Wtf? And no I can't use Google Play Music because that doesn't even have all the music, I have 328 songs on the phone yet only 50something show in GPM.

What is wrong with this thing someone help thx.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
First,I don't think your allowed to say any profanatic(profanity) words,and second. If you haven't already done so,put all your music into one single file labeled "music". Download Es File explorer to do so or use a computer. Also,you can manually correct album art,album,and song info with an app called itag.
I love the stock player cause of its looks but Im usuing poweramp cause I can modify the bass levels and what not cause I don't get too much bass from the stock player thru my beats by dre. :)

Sent from my awesome HTC one x:)

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, there are several pit-falls to Google Music Player that trip up new users.

First and foremost is that it is predominantly a cloud player. When the cloud has a problem, or you are in a bad data area, only the songs you have side-loaded or pinned or recently played will be available.

It works so well most of the time that even frequent users are totally confused when they drive or fly somewhere where data connectivity is sketchy. I finally pinned all my wife's music to her phone because I got tired of explaining it every time. On my own phone I pin only those playlists that I use for running because I go through areas of poor data reception.

You may be happier using a different player.

aboxa

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
The stock HTC player was doing me just fine until today, I have no idea how that problem came. I'll see what I can do with Google Play tho and check out the other apps listed here.

Thanks for the help you all!:-*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish