Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Fed up with stock battery life

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman08 View Post
    Find the weather sync stuff under settings_accounts & sync_weather - And disabling maps settings_apps_select all tab_google maps then uninstall updates and then find it again and you can disable it.
    Ooohhhh, cool. I didn't know you could do that. Would there be any advantage to disabling the bloatware apps that I don't use?

ROM
    CM10 nightly

I personally disabled a lot of the apps I don't use. A lot of them I noticed were starting automatically and saw them in my task manager. Like I would never use the car app (saw running), live tv, att hotspot (often running), etc.

Ok, I'm trying that.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

ROM
    Stock

Is it normal for the screen to consistently use 65-70% of the battery? Brightness is set to 25%. Added two screenshots.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by acles003; 11-18-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Yes.
    Screen is the biggest battery user. Those numbers are perfectly normal.
    You had your screen lit up for 3 and a half hours. That's relatively long.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

I like easy battery saver for this. The only setting I use for it is the one that adjusts screen brightness.
    It does that pretty well for me while the stock setting doesn't, and now my screen uses a lot less power.

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

*#*#4636#*#* will allow you to access the radio band setting on the att version

Magicman08 likes this.

Are you sure any changes made there stick? In my experience they revert very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Are you sure any changes made there stick? In my experience they revert very quickly.

Which changes?

@Acles003 The screen uses the most batt but there may be something going on because nothing else is using much power.
    Did you just have the screen on the whole time? There is a thing someone mentioned where the screen doesn't turn off correctly and uses a lot of battery. Three Hours of screen time is good, but it seems like you would have something else running, unless you just like looking at your wall paper a lot...

It seems like whenever I'm playing game, even just a simple running game the battery seems get to excessively hot. When I have the phone charging and playing a game it can get upwards of 119f. Is there something that I'm missing?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CM10 nightly

Quote Originally Posted by mrbro0ks View Post
    It seems like whenever I'm playing game, even just a simple running game the battery seems get to excessively hot. When I have the phone charging and playing a game it can get upwards of 119f. Is there something that I'm missing?
    I was playing minecraft and noticed the same thing, I think it comes with the territory.
    If someone has helped you or provided useful information, please click the "Like" or "Thanks" button on their posts.

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

got to say as long as i stay away from games its fine. 5 email accounts ,weather, wifi always on, location should add stock4.0.4 unrooted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fed up with stock battery life-2012-11-17-16.06.06.png   Fed up with stock battery life-2012-11-17-16.06.21.png  

Wow I wish my phone went even 15 hours with wi fi continuously on.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Magicman08 likes this.

I was playing minecraft and noticed the same thing, I think it comes with the territory.
    I don't mind it coming with the territory but what's the point of having a phone this powerful if we can't fully use it. The phone overheats when playing a simple game and then gets to the point where it won't even charge. As great as the phone is I'm really questioning if I'm going to keep it. I had a vivid previously and could play nba jam while charging and downloading updates with no problem. This was supposed to be a upgrade but I feel like I can barely even use my phone like I used too. Just from typing this and charging I'm at 98f.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CM10 nightly

See my android os is still crazy high, like 75%+. So I did some research last night and installed these two apps to monitor what is going on in my phone for a couple of days: (i am in no way affiliated with these developers and there is a lite version of watchdog)
    1: BetterBatteryStats
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erbatterystats
    2: WatchDog Task Manager
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...zomut.watchdog
    If someone has helped you or provided useful information, please click the "Like" or "Thanks" button on their posts.

See my android os is still crazy high, like 75%+. So I did some research last night and installed these two apps to monitor what is going on in my phone for a couple of days: (i am in no way affiliated with these developers and there is a lite version of watchdog)
    1: BetterBatteryStats
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erbatterystats
    2: WatchDog Task Manager
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...zomut.watchdog
    I got Better Battery Stats, but it didn't help because I have no idea what it's telling me.
    Are there tutorials online anywhere for this? It looks like quite a powerful app, if I only knew how to use it....

The one x + is rocking twice the cores of your previous mobile phone; more cores more heat. It also has a greater screen resolution; more pixels more battery more heat.

Now Faster & Smoother!

Quote Originally Posted by LesMiserables View Post
    The one x + is rocking twice the cores of your previous mobile phone; more cores more heat. It also has a greater screen resolution; more pixels more battery more heat.

Now Faster & Smoother!
    No, that's not how multiple cores work.
    The phone doesn't fire up more cores than it needs. In fact Nvidia processing resides in the low power 5th core most of the time. Things like gaming might push it to light up all four cores, but music and video won't.

My quad core phone runs cool as a cucumber.

Screen brightness is the biggest battery drain.

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    No, that's not how multiple cores work.
    The phone doesn't fire up more cores than it needs. In fact Nvidia processing resides in the low power 5th core most of the time. Things like gaming might push it to light up all four cores, but music and video won't.

My quad core phone runs cool as a cucumber.

Screen brightness is the biggest battery drain.

I got'cha. I've noticed though in my (admittedly relatively limited) experiences that multiple cored devices seem to run warmer.

Now Faster & Smoother!

The inconsistency of this battery is really getting on my nerve. I got 8 hrs of juice yesterday with around 3 hrs of wifi and 2.5 hrs on screen time. The battery drained 10% in an hour and right now it hasn't drained at all in 30 min with wifi on.

Got 9 hours of battery with minimal wifi use, location services off and auto sync off. Horrible.

I am resetting my phone for the third and the last time today. I have also got the infamous yellow spot on my screen. Should I send it back and also ask for a battery replacement?
    Last edited by yash777; 11-24-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Now Faster & Smoother!
    The resolution is the same good ol' 1280x720p btw

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    The resolution is the same good ol' 1280x720p btw

Woops I worded that ridiculously. I meant "has a greater screen resolution than many other phones"
    Cool avatar!
    Thanked by:

Woops I worded that ridiculously. I meant "has a greater screen resolution than many other phones"
    Cool avatar!
    Thank you right back at you

I am on my 4th smartphone. Could someone please explain why the manufacturers continue to make bigger, better screens, better cameras, better service (4g) yet almost no phone offers the ability to last 1 full day of use? That's like making a super car that does everything well but cannot go ore than 25 miles without gas. I really don't understand why manufacturers don't seem to care about this. I always buy an extended battery and they barely make it through a full day. Am I alone or would anyone else be willing to get a heavier phone with slighly lower performance if the battery could last the day?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast