Fed up with stock battery life

Morgoroth

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
See my android os is still crazy high, like 75%+. So I did some research last night and installed these two apps to monitor what is going on in my phone for a couple of days: (i am in no way affiliated with these developers and there is a lite version of watchdog)
1: BetterBatteryStats
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.asksven.betterbatterystats&token=X-8Xhnrl
2: WatchDog Task Manager
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.zomut.watchdog&token=GPcSy6E3

I got Better Battery Stats, but it didn't help because I have no idea what it's telling me.
Are there tutorials online anywhere for this? It looks like quite a powerful app, if I only knew how to use it....

LesMiserables

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
The one x + is rocking twice the cores of your previous mobile phone; more cores more heat. It also has a greater screen resolution; more pixels more battery more heat.

Now Faster & Smoother!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
The one x + is rocking twice the cores of your previous mobile phone; more cores more heat. It also has a greater screen resolution; more pixels more battery more heat.

Now Faster & Smoother!

No, that's not how multiple cores work.
The phone doesn't fire up more cores than it needs. In fact Nvidia processing resides in the low power 5th core most of the time. Things like gaming might push it to light up all four cores, but music and video won't.

My quad core phone runs cool as a cucumber.

Screen brightness is the biggest battery drain.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

LesMiserables

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
No, that's not how multiple cores work.
The phone doesn't fire up more cores than it needs. In fact Nvidia processing resides in the low power 5th core most of the time. Things like gaming might push it to light up all four cores, but music and video won't.

My quad core phone runs cool as a cucumber.

Screen brightness is the biggest battery drain.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I got'cha. I've noticed though in my (admittedly relatively limited) experiences that multiple cored devices seem to run warmer.

Now Faster & Smoother!

yash777

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The inconsistency of this battery is really getting on my nerve. I got 8 hrs of juice yesterday with around 3 hrs of wifi and 2.5 hrs on screen time. The battery drained 10% in an hour and right now it hasn't drained at all in 30 min with wifi on.

yash777

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Got 9 hours of battery with minimal wifi use, location services off and auto sync off. Horrible.

I am resetting my phone for the third and the last time today. I have also got the infamous yellow spot on my screen. Should I send it back and also ask for a battery replacement?

Last edited:

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Now Faster & Smoother!

The resolution is the same good ol' 1280x720p btw :)

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

VicisboyClark

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am on my 4th smartphone. Could someone please explain why the manufacturers continue to make bigger, better screens, better cameras, better service (4g) yet almost no phone offers the ability to last 1 full day of use? That's like making a super car that does everything well but cannot go ore than 25 miles without gas. I really don't understand why manufacturers don't seem to care about this. I always buy an extended battery and they barely make it through a full day. Am I alone or would anyone else be willing to get a heavier phone with slighly lower performance if the battery could last the day?

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I am on my 4th smartphone. Could someone please explain why the manufacturers continue to make bigger, better screens, better cameras, better service (4g) yet almost no phone offers the ability to last 1 full day of use? That's like making a super car that does everything well but cannot go ore than 25 miles without gas. I really don't understand why manufacturers don't seem to care about this. I always buy an extended battery and they barely make it through a full day. Am I alone or would anyone else be willing to get a heavier phone with slighly lower performance if the battery could last the day?

Because a thin phone is sexier than a thick phone to the average user.

But in the end the battery is more important.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

I could do the heavier phone but not less performance lol. :thumbup:

Sent from my awesome HTC one x:)

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Irk I'm getting good battery life. Squeezed 22 hoursoit of it watched. Wrath of the titans played a game. Listened to music.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Exactly disabled a lot of the preinstalled bs.better battery life. You got to go to your applications in setting highlite them and disable.

yash777

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Exactly disabled a lot of the preinstalled bs.better battery life. You got to go to your applications in setting highlite them and disable.

Did everything. Disabled weather, and a lot of pre installed apps but still. As soon as I remove it off charge I see a 10% drain in an hour.

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I too was having trouble with the battery life. I switched from an iPhone about 2 months ago and was used to 2 or 3 days on a charge then with the HOX it was way down. I wouldn't even last over night in sleep mode and have a dead phone the next morning. I downloaded an app I think its Easy Battery Saver. Set it up on recomended settings and today my batter was down 25 % with using the net and checking mail and a few phone calls. This was a nice app for my phone and seems to do the trick for me.

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
10% in an hour is too bad for me. On my old phone I didn't make it 15 mins

I agree. With my experience on the One X, 10%/hour is acceptable with 30-45 minutes of screen time.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz