Fed up with stock battery life

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Over the weekend, I was working on diagnosing my battery issues again. Had about an hour and a half of screen time, battery was down to 30%. I think I was on LTE most of the time, but it may have fluctuated between 4G and LTE, but I was at the same location the entire time. Yesterday I had a 3 hour plane ride, phone was in Airplane mode the whole time; at an hour and a half of screen time, battery was only down to about 75%. I was playing a game that whole time so the screen was constantly on. Turned the radio back on, and for the rest of the day my battery sucked with my normal use. So it seems like something I've got running that needs network access is sucking up the battery. Nothing is showing up in either GSam or the stock battery use data saying that something keeps trying to access data and is using up battery though, so it's hard to tell what's going on. I've since changed my exchange mail to check every hour, and anything like that.

Last edited:

yash777

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has significantly improved after JB update. I used to run out of juice in 12 hrs with ICS but I have 12 hours right now with 50% battery remaining :D I guess JB is handling the deep sleep mode very well.

supa_dupa

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm pleased with my battery life - One X (Tegra 3). I'm not a heavy user, wi-fi is all around me, so almost no 3G, I'm using my office PC primarily for e-mails and fixed phone line for calls during the day...auto-brightness, sync on-weather, 2 mail accounts, facebook...

Attachments

• 2012-12-09 13.43.00.png
    2012-12-09 13.43.00.png
    202.2 KB · Views: 35

Ichwardort

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
For debugging this issues I can strongly recommend the following two apps 'where is my droid power' and 'cpu spy' which both work on non-rotted phones. Droid power does an excellent job on analysis all of the background processes which don't show up in the stock Android stats and with cpu spy you can check in which CPU state you phone spent most of the time. And probably in your case it's not 'deep sleep'

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Going against what others have said, wifi was literally draining my battery. I left it off all day at work and texted throughout the day and I still have 31% left. I have not made any major changes to my phone software/hardware wise in the last two weeks.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I just checked my battery usage and maps caused around 12,000 wakelocks. Is this normal?

Who knows. I've never seen any place in the phone where it shows the number of wake locks. Only the total amount of time.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2