1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Default Do you go for the One X+ or wait for a DNA like device on at&t?

I have a one X and love it. The + upgrades all aspects of the device in a great way. I have no issues with my memory, don't use my phone for a lot of gaming, nor battery life. Alex wrote a great review but stated that with the jelly bean update, current one X owners will not notice a huge difference in overall performance.

So here is the question, do you upgrade or wait for a DNA like device on at&t? I'm not a verizon fan, but I also don't know how far we are off for jelly bean. I love the one series and design and plan on staying with HTC.

What are some of your thoughts on the matter?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Do you go for the One X+ or wait for a DNA like device on at&t?

One x+ ,I traded my gs3 for the one x because prior to the s3 I had a one x but traded it for the s3 and found myself miss my good ol' one x. HTC sense 4.0 is and was a major improvement for me because 3.0 was too buggy on my EVO 3D,so 4.0 had me all over the one x and still does. HTC sense,superb build and awesome specs are what's driving me to the one x+ and what made me get back my one x.

Sent from my awesome HTC one x(:

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

the onex+ is not that much of an upgrade to my international onex. waiting patiently for the international DNA

If you need the storage, I say go for the X+. Reviews I've seen for it say that it runs hot because of the Tegra, and the bigger battery doesn't necessarily lead to better life, since it is canceled out by the processor.

Personally, I see no need to upgrade. I'm happy with my One X

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann
    Great Googley Moogley!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by kygator13 View Post
    So here is the question, do you upgrade or wait for a DNA like device on at&t? I'm not a verizon fan, but I also don't know how far we are off for jelly bean. I love the one series and design and plan on staying with HTC.
    FYI, Phil posted this article today about being able to use the Verizon DNA on AT&T: How to use the Verizon Droid DNA on AT&T (or any other GSM network) | Android Central

Also: Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    Reviews I've seen for it say that it runs hot because of the Tegra, and the bigger battery doesn't necessarily lead to better life, since it is canceled out by the processor.
    Reviews you'v read were wrong.

The processor does not run hot, unless you are gaming like a whirling dervish (which is a big temptation). The processor is NOT the biggest battery drain in the device, the screen is. The second biggest battery hog is LTE radios. Tegra does not run hot. I've seen way more complaints of the SG3 and the AT&T HOX running hot than I have about the Tegra.

If you don't have LTE in your area, the international HTC One+ might be the best bet, because you get all of the upgrades, and the speed of hspa+ (which quite frankly is good enough for most people), and avoid these power sucking LTE radios.

If you Live to Tether, then get the LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Reviews you'v read were wrong.

The processor does not run hot, unless you are gaming like a whirling dervish (which is a big temptation). The processor is NOT the biggest battery drain in the device, the screen is. The second biggest battery hog is LTE radios. Tegra does not run hot. I've seen way more complaints of the SG3 and the AT&T HOX running hot than I have about the Tegra.
    Hmm, quite the opposite for me. Unless it's a hot day, my One X runs pretty cool even on full brightness. I can testify to my AT&T S3 running incredibly hot, though. All power saving settings and WiFi on, lowest brightness and still hot. I've seen my fair share of reviews on the web saying the Tegra running quite hot.

Not calling you a liar, just throwing in my two cents.

Who's going to log into the net and post that their processor runs cool?

Only people having some unusual problem post about it.

My international version runs stone cold.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I would.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

I do have let in my area. I did read what Phil posted about the DNA working on at&t. If I don't have full speeds or functions, I'm not paying $600 for a device. I think I'm just gonna wait for the official jelly bean launch for the one x and be happy until HTC drops a updated device on at&t.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Pre orders started yesterday. If I had the extra money, and an uprade I would be all over it!! The one x plus has me under it's spell I want it I .issued out on the one x. I'll be damned if I don't miss out on this one!! I'll have to look into the pu getting too hot, but I still want that phone!

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM

The DNA could be run on AT&T. Just no LTE.

With the Nexus 4 delayed and my HOX acting weirdly (no one can hear me unless I put it on speakerphone-yet the voice recorder-voice search isn't working) I may bite the bullet and get the HOX+, (the bonus of LTE,more storage helps).

I'm going tomorrow to return my HOX and get the HOX+ while I'm still within my eligible return time. Figure if I'm going to use it for the next 1 - 1.5 years, might as well get the faster processor and 4x the storage. Plus LTE will be in my area within the next couple of months or sooner, so I should be all set.

Absolutely LOVE the look, feel, and interface of the HOX, so I am expecting to be a happy camper for a while.

That sounds like a good plan. Occasionally nice to be in your return period.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    The DNA could be run on AT&T. Just no LTE.
    If it would run LTE, I would buy one.