1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera 'clicks' audible

My camera on my one x audibly clicks when it tries to focus on something that is a little bit tougher to focus on, near or far. If it doesn't focus the first time it takes a little bit for it to focus and in the process does rapid and very quick focus adjustments which can be heard as an audible 'click' sound. Something to be concerned with?

Default Re: Camera 'clicks' audible

First put your phone on mute, (or mute the shutter sound if your phone offers that) so that you are sure its not just the speaker.
    If you still hear it, I suspect it is the physical lense scraping something while it is moving up and down, and it might eventually break.

The tiny motor moves that lense up and down just a fraction of a millimeter.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am 100% certain it's the camera making an audible clicking noise when focus
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

can anyone else hear their camera working? Would the warranty cover it? It's a week old.

It's the adjustment if the lens. When it needs to adjust focus, the lens clicks. Mine does the same thing on the evo. Ans so did the one before my replacement and the one before that.

Sent from my EVO

The clicking sound is very present on my HOX with no problems with the camera for the last 5months of ownership. I personally do not think it is a fault and so don't think they will do anything if you send it away

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

None of mine have ever made a sound on any android device or iphone that I have ever had.
    Its not normal.
    They may not fix it unless it fails, but its still not normal.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

If the click your hearing only happens when you go from focusing on a long distance shot to a very close one, that's normal.

If it happens all of the time when not changing focal distances, swap that mother out.

Sent from my EVO