Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MangoPowah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen burn-in on HOX?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but are what are the chances of screen burn-in on the HOX's Super LCD 2 screen? I'm the type of person who likes to have the phone on a charging stand at work with a screen widget or app (e.g. weather) constantly displayed. But on my super amoled Galaxy S2, I experienced pretty noticeable burn in. (I know, different technology.)

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Screen burn-in on HOX?

It's possible,but less likely then amoled.. I saw the burn in a couple of times with my time with the s3,but haven't seen any with the one x.

Sent from my awesome HTC one x(:

It still happens, but definitely not as likely as if it were an AMOLED screen.

PS Sense: Burn in is NOT those splotches you saw in dark rooms on dark screens. That's just some sort of derp in the manufacturing process. Burn in would be seeing images after they're long gone (eg. Notification bar after changing to an app without it, keyboard still showing even after closing it)

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

It's possible but I've yet to see anyone complain of it on the one x

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post

PS Sense: Burn in is NOT those splotches you saw in dark rooms on dark screens. That's just some sort of derp in the manufacturing process. Burn in would be seeing images after they're long gone (eg. Notification bar after changing to an app without it, keyboard still showing even after closing it)

Mango,I know this. I saw the burn in in the s3 a couple of times,and I didn't mean the blotches lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    Mango,I know this. I saw the burn in in the s3 a couple of times,and I didn't mean the blotches lol.

Oh okay, lol

SenseMonkey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post

No, burn in would be seeing the image when the phone was powered OFF. See This Page.

LCDs don't burn in, they get temporary persistent images. But these disappear the first time you show a couple mostly white pages, such as loading a web page.

LCDs take power to make BLACK. (or Red or Green or Blue). Displaying pure white turns off the segments completely, allowing the back-light to show through.
    They energize LCD segments that they want to be dark, rather than the segments they want to be light like OLED. (This is why people using dark themes on a HOX use more battery that people using brighter themes.)

Sometimes these segments of LDC lose their ability to relax after long sessions of displaying black. But simply painting a few varying images restores this. Its almost never permanent.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    No, burn in would be seeing the image when the phone was powered OFF. See This Page.

LCDs don't burn in, they get temporary persistent images. But these disappear the first time you show a couple mostly white pages, such as loading a web page.

LCDs take power to make BLACK. (or Red or Green or Blue). Displaying pure white turns off the segments completely, allowing the back-light to show through.
    They energize LCD segments that they want to be dark, rather than the segments they want to be light like OLED. (This is why people using dark themes on a HOX use more battery that people using brighter themes.)

Sometimes these segments of LDC lose their ability to relax after long sessions of displaying black. But simply painting a few varying images restores this. Its almost never permanent.
    Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks much!!!