New(by) to Droid and HOX

Jim Sparky

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My HOX arrived a couple of days ago, I spent an evening playing and loading apps before activating. I activate last night and Lo and Behold ATT doesnt "attach" my unlimited data package to my service/account for this line. That will be an interesting phone call.
My questions: how/where do I set up folders? Are there any easy ways to get my music from my iphone to my HOX?
I'm sure I'll have more questions, so thanks in advance!

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
ATT may have taken the... opportunity to upgrade you to their new plan style. Hopefully the call will be easier than you expect, but I wonder if they counted the iPhone plan as different than a normal plan. They did with Blackberry. Anyway.

You should get a file manager on your phone, but you can setup folders using your computer as well if you connect your HOX as a drive. Download Astro File manager (there are many available) and you can browse the phone's file system just like on a computer. You can do the same by plugging into a PC and selecting DISK DRIVE instead of CHARGE ONLY. If you meant the folders you can create on your phone's home screens, simply drop one icon on top of another, and a folder is created.

The easiest way I can think of to get your music over, is to use Google Play Music. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...//play.google.com/music/listen&token=tRsDGUVY

You can upload music from iTunes to Play, and can do whatever you want to with it from there... best thing of course is stream it to your phone using the Play Music app. But you can access from any web browser, so you can play it at work easily too. Pretty slick. If you have more music than free space The Goog gives you, you can choose to pay for more of course... but there is an app that pulls from itunes to your PC, so you can copy as you like to your phone from there. I forget the name offhand, but someone should chime in.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Jim Sparky

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
This has been an extremely frustrating experience. I uploaded 500 Songs to googleplay and when I tap the app on my phone all I get is the "ways to add music" screen.
this is where Jobs got it exactly right; Seaess, easy, no frustrations. I just hate Itunes.
All I want to do is listen to my music. My computer doesn't like my phone either, so I cant even transfer music with my cable.
Please Help

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
This has been an extremely frustrating experience. I uploaded 500 Songs to googleplay and when I tap the app on my phone all I get is the "ways to add music" screen.
this is where Jobs got it exactly right; Seaess, easy, no frustrations. I just hate Itunes.
All I want to do is listen to my music. My computer doesn't like my phone either, so I cant even transfer music with my cable.
Please Help

Oh for pete sake, calm down.

You need to update your Google Music app on the phone to make sure it is the current version.
You need to make sure you use the same Google account in Accounts and Sync as you used to upload music.
You need to go to Google Music App, tap the menu dots, select settings, and make sure it is set to use the same Google account (Top option).
You need to tap the Google account in Accounts and sync and make sure Sync is turned on, and Google Play Music is checked (Along with any of the other options you want to sync, which for most people is everything).

Yes, it does take a bit more intelligence to run an Android phone.