Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kygator13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Default Any one have any luck with at&t allowing early upgrade from the one x to the one x+

On the line with customer care now, seeing what I can get them to do, i'll post the results

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Any one have any luck with at&t allowing early upgrade from the one x to the one x+

I like to have the new One X+. Why don't you sell it and pay the difference, it would be very close to the amount you will pay to upgrade anyway.

Default Re: Any one have any luck with at&t allowing early upgrade from the one x to the one x+

Why would you expect AT&T to offer that for free?

Pay the ETF, and sell the One X.

They have a standard policy for Early Termination. You are only about 6 months into a two year contract. AT&T hasn't even made enough from your contract to pay off their wholesale purchase price.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McCain View Post
    I like to have the new One X+. Why don't you sell it and pay the difference, it would be very close to the amount you will pay to upgrade anyway.
    It's done, on eBay right now.

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No luck with at&t I see..

Sent from my awesome HTC one x(:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    No luck with at&t I see..

Sent from my awesome HTC one x(:
    Nope, but I didn't push too hard. I could get them to do it if I pushed.

ROM
    CM10 nightly

Quote Originally Posted by kygator13 View Post

As a supervisor in an internet/catalog company call center, I strongly dislike people with that mentality. Most large companies have clear cut policies for situations like this. I would be extremely surprised if at&t doesn't.
    If someone has helped you or provided useful information, please click the "Like" or "Thanks" button on their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman08 View Post
    As a supervisor in an internet/catalog company call center, I strongly dislike people with that mentality. Most large companies have clear cut policies for situations like this. I would be extremely surprised if at&t doesn't.
    Already posted a link above.

The

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman08 View Post
    I am also a manager in a call center, and if you know how to talk and treat people they will work with you. You read too much into my quote which I can see is easy to do. I will never work with demanding aholes. But if the treat me with respect and are honest with me, I will work within my companies guidelines to help. The secret of a good manager is knowing how to get things done and not behind policy.

With that said, at&t has always worked with me and I've always had great interactions with my service team there. I have been a loyal customer for 11 years, all the way back to Cingular days. Their service, phone and client, is the reason I will always be an at&t client.

Now I know I sounded like kind of an ahole with what I said, but appearances aren't everything.

Stay thirsty my friends...and Go Gators!

All I can get AT&T to do is waive activation, upgrade and over night shipping fees lol
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Called customer care today due to no stores, any stores in my area having any. Every store is sold out. I was going to pay the $550 off contract price and they offered it to me for $299 with a new agreement. Since I sold my one X on eBay for $300, I took the deal. Didn't ask or push, it was offered, and they waived the upgrade and overnight shipping fee. So there you go.

erwaso likes this.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Yea I can agree when I call I try not to be an ***. The only time I was a **** is when I was being over charged to 80 a month for data. Told them give me unlimited or I''ll cancel my contract and go to sprint. After the initial douchieness I displayed. I knew to mellow it out by the time I got off the phone. I had unlimited data and we were laughing. Unless I ha e a giant case of the redass. I always laugh and we have a good time. The secret is to be kind I deal with customers everyday in a mc.donalds drive thru. I know how it feels to bite your tongue and roll your eyes. And sorry but LSU!*** I got mine over the phone as well early upgrade but it was only early by a month.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by kygator13 View Post

America.

Land of the impatient.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Check on the shipping status this morning hoping in would be on a fed ex or big brown truck...and the phone is back ordered, guess that explains no store having them in stock.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Try shipping anything with the gigantic influx of Christmas parcels is fustraighting

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Long story short, I own a one x+ now!

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

No e but I gotta do this sorry but LSU!!!

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    No e but I gotta do this sorry but LSU!!!

LSU what...oh yeah, we beat you...Gator Bait? Go Gators!

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Next year we are a top rated team idk wtf went on last year facepalm bama is a painful memory.