Any one have any luck with at&t allowing early upgrade from the one x to the one x+

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
On the line with customer care now, seeing what I can get them to do, i'll post the results

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Peter McCain

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I like to have the new One X+. Why don't you sell it and pay the difference, it would be very close to the amount you will pay to upgrade anyway.

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Nope, but I didn't push too hard. I could get them to do it if I pushed.

As a supervisor in an internet/catalog company call center, I strongly dislike people with that mentality. Most large companies have clear cut policies for situations like this. I would be extremely surprised if at&t doesn't.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
As a supervisor in an internet/catalog company call center, I strongly dislike people with that mentality. Most large companies have clear cut policies for situations like this. I would be extremely surprised if at&t doesn't.

Already posted a link above.

The

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

I am also a manager in a call center, and if you know how to talk and treat people they will work with you. You read too much into my quote which I can see is easy to do. I will never work with demanding aholes. But if the treat me with respect and are honest with me, I will work within my companies guidelines to help. The secret of a good manager is knowing how to get things done and not behind policy.

With that said, at&t has always worked with me and I've always had great interactions with my service team there. I have been a loyal customer for 11 years, all the way back to Cingular days. Their service, phone and client, is the reason I will always be an at&t client.

Now I know I sounded like kind of an ahole with what I said, but appearances aren't everything.

Stay thirsty my friends...and Go Gators!

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Called customer care today due to no stores, any stores in my area having any. Every store is sold out. I was going to pay the $550 off contract price and they offered it to me for $299 with a new agreement. Since I sold my one X on eBay for $300, I took the deal. Didn't ask or push, it was offered, and they waived the upgrade and overnight shipping fee. So there you go.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea I can agree :) when I call I try not to be an ass. The only time I was a dick is when I was being over charged to 80 a month for data. Told them give me unlimited or I''ll cancel my contract and go to sprint. After the initial douchieness I displayed. I knew to mellow it out by the time I got off the phone. I had unlimited data and we were laughing. Unless I ha e a giant case of the redass. I always laugh and we have a good time. The secret is to be kind I deal with customers everyday in a mc.donalds drive thru. I know how it feels to bite your tongue and roll your eyes. And sorry but LSU!*** :) I got mine over the phone as well early upgrade but it was only early by a month.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Check on the shipping status this morning hoping in would be on a fed ex or big brown truck...and the phone is back ordered, guess that explains no store having them in stock.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Try shipping anything with the gigantic influx of Christmas parcels is fustraighting

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Next year :) we are a top rated team idk wtf went on last year facepalm bama is a painful memory. :( :-X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt