Proud owner of new HTC One X+

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
As promised, took my HOX back on the last day of eligible return to Best Buy and went to AT&T and got my upgrade. Pretty psyched right now, gotta be honest! I'm still updating my apps and tweaking my settings, so I haven't had a chance to spend a lot of time fooling around with it, but I'll let everyone know what I think over the course of this evening and weekend.

This is the first time I've gotten a device on launch day since the original BlackBerry Torch 9800 (I know, I know...no need to go there.)

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I got a torch on release day, both the 9800 and the 9810...I'll be getting a one x+ soon.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I got a torch on release day, both the 9800 and the 9810...I'll be getting a one x+ soon.

Sweet. I only had the HOX for 12 days and fell in love with it after 5-10 minutes. Glad I was still in my 2-week window for upgrade. When will you be able to get yours?

BTW, I'm a UK fan (in Indiana, no less!) Looking forward to some epic basketball games the next couple of years. The Gators have some great recruits coming in, just like the Cats! (Don't want to talk about football. :( )

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It was driving me nuts, too! What's worse, I spent about 2 hours searching the HTC and AT&T web sites looking for descriptions of all the notification icons. Couldn't find anything. Gonna go through the full user guide (downloaded .pdf file) and see if it's in there.

AT&T and HTC, if you're listening, why don't you prominently post a legend of all the icons we might see on these devices? That used to be on all new phones' instruction documents.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Sweet. I only had the HOX for 12 days and fell in love with it after 5-10 minutes. Glad I was still in my 2-week window for upgrade. When will you be able to get yours?

BTW, I'm a UK fan (in Indiana, no less!) Looking forward to some epic basketball games the next couple of years. The Gators have some great recruits coming in, just like the Cats! (Don't want to talk about football. :( )

Yeah, signed some big ones this week. UK is young, but they are very good. Keep posting your expirences with the one x+

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Here is a screen shot and a (very much blown up) image of the NFC icon. I searched the entire HTC user manual and found a legend of all the icons on page 182...all the icons, that is, EXCEPT the NFC icon. Why in the world would this not be explained somewhere?

View attachment 46854

View attachment 46851

And here is a screenshot with it displayed at the top of the screen:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
As promised, took my HOX back on the last day of eligible return to Best Buy and went to AT&T and got my upgrade. Pretty psyched right now, gotta be honest! I'm still updating my apps and tweaking my settings, so I haven't had a chance to spend a lot of time fooling around with it, but I'll let everyone know what I think over the course of this evening and weekend.

This is the first time I've gotten a device on launch day since the original BlackBerry Torch 9800 (I know, I know...no need to go there.)

Congrats!

1Zach1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I recieved ours yesterday. Coming from the Inspire this phone is simply amazing. Haven't had it long enough to really test the battery but it sure seems much better than the Inspire. LTE is screaming fast here in DC as well.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
im considering exchanging my Lumia 920 for this, but already have a One X (its 6 months old). I want to enjoy the lumia but the screen on time battery life is worse than the HTC One X which has a 200mah smaller battery.

Shott3r

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Got mine yesterday in-store. Store manager talked me out of the 920. He has both the One X and the 920 (one work, one personal) and he says the 920 just isn't ready in terms of apps. Coming from a Nexus S, this phone is INCREDIBLE. As soon as you touch it, the app opens, the page downloads, whatever. I wonder what percentage of my life I've wasted the past two years waiting 3 seconds here, 10 seconds there, for things to load.

The NFC symbol drove me crazy too trying to figure it out, until I went through the radios and turned them off one by one. Something I don't know is I can't seem to figure out how to tell screen on time. The way how they do the battery specs is different than on stock Android. I can see apps, but I don't see anything that shows how much power the display is consuming. Has anyone figured this out?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Played with one today at the store. Seemed my Note 2 was quicker at just about everything? I thought it was the wifi connection in the store but I shut it off and that didn't seem to improve the issues that much. Nice phone though, wish the US version kept the red accents. Makes the phone less "blah".

pkwiat

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I just got the HOX+ today, picked it over the Note2, but was going back and forth. First Android phone for me after 4 years of iPhone. One odd thing I noticed is that you can only have 3 home screens. Love the double tap on the home icon to bring up the 3 home screens, but it would be more useful if you were able to have 4 or 6 home screens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX