One X + Mass Storage Mode

steelerfan791

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
So I have read reviews from the international version stating that it has mass storage capabilities. I'm messing with mine from AT&T and damned if I can find it. Does the LTE version not have mass storage support?

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
If you're talking about the One X+, I got mine today and the mass storage mode works fine for me. When I plugged it in, I didn't get the pop up window like the HOX had, but it was listed as one of the drives on my computer. It literally shows "HTC One X+". No driver was needed.

mrbro0ks

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Mac or PC? Mass storage is only an issue on Macs.

I have a mac, when I originally plugged HOX+ into my laptop I thought something was either supposed to pop up on the laptop or on phone to turn disk drive mode on. I believe it's the way the phone storage is formatted now that makes HOX+ not play well with Macs. Android file transfer is what will allow you to essentially put your phone in disk drive mode. It's a application that you only need to install on your mac. Once the application is installed, whenever you plug your phone in a window will automatically pop up on your laptop screen. Hope this helps.

http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's the same on the One X+ but with my One X when I plug it into my Mac I have to unlock the phone before it is recognized. If the phone is on the lock screen it's not in mass storage mode. But as soon as I unlock it, a USB icon pops up on the notification bar on the phone and it shows up as removable storage on my desktop on my Mac.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I can not access my HTC One X + storage. When I plug it into my computer, all I get is the install HTC media app. It's different from every other android phone I've had.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Which IS version are you running? Do you have proper drivers installed?

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I would see if you can Google anyone else having an issue because I've not had any and Idk anyone else who has either. I just open my storage from Computer

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Not what he ment. I belive they have a new file system in win8. HTC has to update their drivers for windows 8. Try this humor me rite click and click run as windows 7. If it works after that not optimised cor windows 8

Last edited: