Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default HTC One X - Quiet Ringtones

Hi all,

I have recently acquired an HTC One X and am more than happy with it, with one exception. The ringtones and notifications are quiet.

I have tried volume+ and DSP Manager, but no difference.

The phone is running Jelly Bean?

Can anyone help?

Regards
    Mike

Default Re: HTC One X - Quiet Ringtones

Try grabbing, or making, a new one. In my opinion, the included ringtones are simply quiet, irregardless of the volume output setting- I think the issue is the ringtones themselves being gentle. That was the problem for my wife (I used custom sounds already). Soon as we added our own, non lullaby level tones, it was fine. Or have you tried that already?

Sounds like a hardware issue. I use the AT&T tone and its plenty loud in even restaurants. Try using your own tone if it's the same ids suggest swapping it for a new one x

ROM
    CM10 nightly

Are smartphones this buggy and generally broken when you get them? It seems every solution these days is bringing it back and swapping it out for a new one. Not a dig at anymore, but more of an observation from other threads as well.
    If someone has helped you or provided useful information, please click the "Like" or "Thanks" button on their posts.

It's not a hardware issue. Mine are low at times too. I use an app called Zedge from the play store. Has tons of notifications sounds that are recorded louder. Just have to play around. This was one issue HTC solved with the new One X +. They put a sound amplifier chip now in it to make the rear loud speaker 50% louder.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Will Zedge also work for message tones as well? My problem is that the message tones (sms, mms, email, etc.) are SO low I don't know I have a message until I check my phone. Yesterday I checked my phone only to discover I had 4 sms & 3 emails i didn't even know had come in. I have a brand new One X+ so I'm hoping I don't have to change it out, I just got it Saturday!

Zedge will work for anything from sms, to ring tones to emails. It will put it in the same file usually as ring tones. Works great.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums