Fellow 920 adopters?

hectord27

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Yup, Just got one and the phone is truly amazing. Sure it doesn't have all of the apps yet but it has exactly what I need for what I need it. The only thing I miss is Instagram (it's on the works) and a better Facebook app (it's not too bad but like any new OS you gotta give it time to upgrade). The phone runs very fluid and extremely fast. The camera on the One X during the day is a bit better than this one though I hear Nokia is coming out with an update to fix that. Once it starts getting darker the camera is absolutely amazing. The weight is a tiny bit of an issue but I'm already used to it so it's not worth comparing that.

The One X is a great phone and I loved every minute of it, it is by no means a weaker competitor. Like eveything it has it's advantages. The drop down notification where everything is in one place (there is an app for windows P8 that is in the works and it's supposed to do something similar), the amazing amount of apps (though most of the ones I saw were redundant or not very good quality to be honest), and by far the what i LOVED most about the One X was the android customization. I loved installing Nova and making my desktop look just how I wanted it. With that said, and this is my personal opinion, I like the Windows Phone 8 Look much better than the Icons that android and iPhone use. I think it looks sleeker and the animations look liquid smooth.

All in all unfortnately it comes down to preference. I choose Lumia 920 > One X but only by a very slight margin. Maybe once JB comes out I will give it another try :D Peace.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
after winmo6.5 Touch Pro 2 and then 7.5 with an excellent Titan I tried android for the first time with the OneX.All the things that i kept hoping would come to WP were there right out of the box.Flash support,better browsers apps that worked equalizers for music,etc there is nothing would drag me back to windows phones.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Well I sent the Lumia back and sold back my one x. I got the one x+. Haven't played with it much. Loving it so far
Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I too returned the Lumia 920 and got an iPhone 5 but still have my One X. I have an ipad3 so my music is finally all together which is nice. There are 2 other iPhone 4 and 4S users in the house so they will happily take the IPhone 5 if I go back to the One X.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Still have my lumia but I have one x withdraws for sure. The community here is at least 397x better.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I too returned the Lumia 920 and got an iPhone 5 but still have my One X. I have an ipad3 so my music is finally all together which is nice. There are 2 other iPhone 4 and 4S users in the house so they will happily take the IPhone 5 if I go back to the One X.

My head is spinning with the amount of device names in these 3 sentences.

TotalLamer

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Had a vast array of phones... never a One X, but a RAZR Maxx HD and EVO 4G LTE among others. I'm so torn... I want both! My perfect combo would be dual-wielding a 920 and One X+, but I can only have one... grumble grumble. In any case, I love my 920. The AT&T branding annoys me, but otherwise it's a gorgeous and blazing fast device. On the other hand, I'd kill for the One X+'s 64GB of storage! WP has it's pluses and minuses, so does Android... ugh. So hard to choose!

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Got a nexus 4 in the mail and if it's as good as I expect it to be the lumia will go back.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Why did you send the 920 back?
What killed it for me was lack of custom notifications. I need to know who is texting or emailing me. I can't constantly pull phone out at work if it is not business related.
If WP8 had Rino Pro I would have kept the phone because it was fast, smooth, voice features were killer and wireless charging is awesome. Miss it from the Pre so much

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, not yet. I've been looking at it, but I'm not due for an upgrade for another year, so I'd be out of pocket about $450. What with Christmas and everything happening right now, I just can't justify buying myself a new phone. Eventually, I hope to own the 920, though. I will probably keep my One X around, too, just in case. I really love this phone, and almost feel guilty for thinking about another phone so soon (I mean, the One X only just came out in May).

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Have a 920, thinking of returning it. I'm on my second one (first had battery issues), the second the battery seems better but the vibrate on the phone makes it sound like a Taiwanese sex toy, the camera is not as good as they hyped it up to be, the unified volume for all is absolutely annoying, also not having direct access to the equalizer in the music player is insane. You have to back out and go into settings>audio>Equalizer to reach it (works awesome though). The UI has many great things, but that's it. It's a gorgeous phone but it's a ways away from making it to prime time.

Last edited:

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Have a 920, thinking of returning it. I'm on my second one (first had battery issues), the second the battery seems better but the vibrate on the phone makes it sound like a Taiwanese sex toy, the camera is not as good as they hyped it up to be, the unified volume for all is absolutely annoying, also not having direct access to the equalizer in the music player is insane. You have to back out and go into settings>audio>Equalizer to reach it (works awesome though). The UI has many great things, but that's it. It's a gorgeous phone but it's a ways away from making it to prime time.

I think the vibration is something that is "just a Nokia thing." But I agree its disgusting loud. Unified volume was a pain too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the vibration is something that is "just a Nokia thing." But I agree its disgusting loud. Unified volume was a pain too.

I see you ditched the 920 as well?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I see you ditched the 920 as well?

Yea, I dunno i wanted to like it but it was just a few things that stood out to me. I already saw two sell for $350 used so i figured at my $450 plus tax, i better get rid of it before i lose out on tons of money. I remember the previous windows 7 phones had terrible resale values and I didn't want to completely lose out being that i bought off contract. Camera was overhyped and im not a shutterbug that only takes photos at night. Daytime pics are super grainy and were worse than my One X. Some of the apps I used like board express just completely sucked, and I am a big fan of the tapatalk on my android phones. Battery life was AWESOME when it wanted to be, and they absolutely unacceptable when it didnt. I understand there are updates that will follow for the phone soon, be it a month or two. Ill re-evaluate the Lumia 920 then but in a few months, I might be able to snag one up for $275-325 used which makes more sense to wait, and save. For now ill stick with my Nexus 4. I like their stance on saying screw you to the carriers, and its been a rock solid device so far. I considered the One X+ but ill wait a little while and see how that fares, off contract new price is too high to consider.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I dunno i wanted to like it but it was just a few things that stood out to me. I already saw two sell for $350 used so i figured at my $450 plus tax, i better get rid of it before i lose out on tons of money. I remember the previous windows 7 phones had terrible resale values and I didn't want to completely lose out being that i bought off contract. Camera was overhyped and im not a shutterbug that only takes photos at night. Daytime pics are super grainy and were worse than my One X. Some of the apps I used like board express just completely sucked, and I am a big fan of the tapatalk on my android phones. Battery life was AWESOME when it wanted to be, and they absolutely unacceptable when it didnt. I understand there are updates that will follow for the phone soon, be it a month or two. Ill re-evaluate the Lumia 920 then but in a few months, I might be able to snag one up for $275-325 used which makes more sense to wait, and save. For now ill stick with my Nexus 4. I like their stance on saying screw you to the carriers, and its been a rock solid device so far. I considered the One X+ but ill wait a little while and see how that fares, off contract new price is too high to consider.

Yeah I figured the 920's will tank in value and by that time WP8 might have it together. In the meantime I'm really digging the X+.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I figured the 920's will tank in value and by that time WP8 might have it together. In the meantime I'm really digging the X+.

Ya I'd like to try a one x+ but I'll wait for a trade or something like that. $550 new +$40 tax is too much for me.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Ya I'd like to try a one x+ but I'll wait for a trade or something like that. $550 new +$40 tax is too much for me.

Yeah it flies. Good battery life and its android. Just not sure how I like the power button on top.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it flies. Good battery life and its android. Just not sure how I like the power button on top.

The power button on the side was one of the nest things about the 920. Made the size of the device easier.