Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SenseMonkey
  • 1 Post By prissysox
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Does NFC on the One X even work?

    I turned on NFC on my one x to send some pics to my brothers new note 2 just to try it out but the dam thing doesn't work. The note 2 works fine with the s3.

    So does android beam even work on the one x?
  2. #2  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Does NFC on the One X even work?

    Quote Originally Posted by EngineersRule View Post
    I turned on NFC on my one x to send some pics to my brothers new note 2 just to try it out but the dam thing doesn't work. The note 2 works fine with the s3.

    So does android beam even work on the one x?
    I had the same problem trying to send a pic to my brother in laws s3 but couldn't,I think it has to do with the different beams lol,s3 and note 2 use s-beam while one x and others use android beam.

    Sent from my awesome HTC one x(:
    EngineersRule likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Does NFC on the One X even work?

    It worked sending a pic to my friends S3 and another's gsm galaxy nexus. Check the settings again maybe?
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  
    kg4icg's Avatar

    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

    Default Re: Does NFC on the One X even work?

    Samsung actually has software to send pics and play list by NFC interactions where HTC's does not. That is why it didn't work.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    3348b76f
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Does NFC on the One X even work?

    Well I warrantied my phone and got a new one. Now I can send Youtube links and such but kg4icg is right about the pictures, the note 2 sends my phone to the play store LOL.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Does NFC on the One X even work?

    AFAIK the pic sharing only works from Jellybean onwards, while Samsung had s-beam in ICS which could send pics before JB.

    Sent from my FJL21 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Does NFC on the One X even work?

    Quote Originally Posted by patrixl View Post
    AFAIK the pic sharing only works from Jellybean onwards, while Samsung had s-beam in ICS which could send pics before JB.

    Sent from my FJL21 using Tapatalk 2
    Android Beam was a feature introduced in ICS. You could Beam to any other device that has it enabled except Samsung because they set up their own proprietary sharing system. They joth use NFC but Sammy tweaked theirs.

    I was able to share items back and forth from my Lumia 920 to my HOX. It would occasionally send me to Play store but it worked overall.

    Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Does NFC on the One X even work?

    Yes, the problem is Samsung used a proprietary protocol.
    HTC does it right as do most of the other manufacturers. iPhone doesn't do it at all. (lol).
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Does NFC on the One X even work?

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Yes, the problem is Samsung used a proprietary protocol.
    HTC does it right as do most of the other manufacturers. iPhone doesn't do it at all. (lol).
    And probably won't until the iPhone 6S. Then it will be "the next big thing"

    Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
    EngineersRule likes this.
  10. #10  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Does NFC on the One X even work?

    Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    And probably won't until the iPhone 6S. Then it will be "the next big thing"

    Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
    Only bragging rights they'll have is "Do the touchy thingy like the Samsung galaxy s3 and HTC one x and other better phones could before we had it but hey,you got it this year.. " lol..

    Sent from my awesome HTC one x(:
  11. #11  
    cyanogen-man's Avatar

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

    Default Re: Does NFC on the One X even work?

    No they won't even mention it and pretend they invented it. Any speculation on the HTC/apple pattent deal??


    Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Does NFC on the One X even work?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    No they won't even mention it and pretend they invented it. Any speculation on the HTC/apple pattent deal??


    Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
    What gives with that.? Does that mean they'll be able to incorporate things patented by one another in their phones w/o any problem.?

    My one x is better then you one x!!
    /
    D:
    \
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Does NFC on the One X even work?

    I just hope apple doesn't use that deal to bully other manufactures.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Does NFC on the One X even work?

    Quote Originally Posted by EngineersRule View Post
    I turned on NFC on my one x to send some pics to my brothers new note 2 just to try it out but the dam thing doesn't work. The note 2 works fine with the s3.

    So does android beam even work on the one x?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 12:40 AM
  2. Instagram is out, doesn't work on the One X
    By Phil Nickinson in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 10:34 AM
  3. How will the capacitive buttons work on the One X?
    By ibejack96 in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 12:09 PM
  4. UPDATE: Netflix on the Sidekick 4G (IT WORKS!)
    By ncmacasl in forum T-Mobile Sidekick 4G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 08:01 AM
  5. NFC on the Triumph?
    By r00t in forum Motorola Triumph on Virgin Mobile
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 08:02 PM

Posting Permissions

B