Getting photo as wallpaper on home screen ?

dotdash

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi, first post here and looking for some guidance please. I have a photo that I want to use on the homescreen of the 1x. When I try and set it though I cannot include the whole picture on the homescreen, only a portion of it appears and as you scroll left or right you see the rest of the pic in the background. When I use 'set as wallpaper' the blue box appears round the photo but I can't get it to include the whole photo?

Does the photo have to be a certain size, ratio etc? I want the photo only on the homescreen and the other pages just with the matt background skin

Hope thats clear, minor niggle I know but its doing my crust in, any help appreciated

Cheers

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It's dumb but android OS doesn't auto resize photos.

I use simple image wallpaper free.

I don't think that is the issue here. Android sets the wallpaper as scrollable by default... This is expected behavior to show off the multiple home screens.

There are options on third party launchers to lock the pic as shown, and not change perspective when scrolling screens.

Nova calls it wallpaper scrolling. Appropriate :).

There may be a way to set this on sense launcher, but I will have to wait until I can look at my wife's phone. Hockey practice.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353798420531.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353798420531.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 32

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
AC removed that capability with the last update to the forums.
You now need to use Tapatalk to post, or flicker or photobucket or dropbox public folder, or some other photo share site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss