Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Group Texting Help Please

Hi all,

i recently purchased an HTC One X+ on AT&T and love it so far. The only issue i have with the phone so far is the inability to do group texting. one of my friends started a group text, which i didnt know until i received random texts from other friends. Basically, the original text from Person A went into the thread for Person A. However, Person A also included Person B and C, for which those replies went into the respective threads for those people and i couldnt respond to the whole group.

I heard of a few apps that could do it, but havent been able to make it work on my phone. "Whats app" seems like i need to have a specified group of people for a group text, meaning that group cant change in order for it to work, Handcent seems like you have to "download" each message into the group for it to show up, and Go SMS Pro i have not been able to make work even though i have the "MMS Group Chat" option selected.

Can some please help me figure out why this wont work or point me to step by step instructions? I thought i was a relatively tech savvy person, but after this, i am not so sure.

thanks

Default Re: Group Texting Help Please

I also just purchased an HTC One X+ and I'm experiencing the same problem with group texting. I can send to multiple people but each receives it as an individual text from me (they have no idea its a group text). And when I receive a group text, it shows up from each individual, not as a group.

Thanks!

Htc's messaging app is nothing special. Handcent or Gosms will do you better.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Android Central Forums

with the stock HTC messaging app you can send SMS to groups of people. However IMO that's not working very realiable. I had setup a group of people for christmas greetings (~130 numbers) and in the delivery protocol it said that about 1/3 of the text messages were not delivered, also no option to resend the failed ones. If is send them one by one it's no problem and the phone numbers are working properly.
    Any better solution for mass text messaging?

GroupMe works like a charm. I was added onto a group chat by an iphone user and works perfect for group texting and I didn't even have the app downloaded. I believe the person who starts the group text needs to use GroupMe to add the members, but the members dont need to download the app and the texts will be delivered via normal sms.