New to the One X and Sense

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys.

I'm currently using a Verizon GNex, but I've got an international One X on its way to me this week. I've enjoyed my GNex but it's time to ditch Verizon, and I'm off to Straight Talk.

So, my question to you (while I wait for my phone) is what should I expect from this phone? I did a lot of research and finally decided that the international One X was the phone for me (decided to hold off on the Nexus 4 for now, as I want something more durable, plus i love the looks of the One X), but I want to know how the phone has been treating you guys in your day-to-day.

What should I realistically expect from Sense? I've only used skinned Android once (a brief stint with a Note 2 last month, and I really didn't mind it that much). Is the battery life comparable to a Verizon GNex? Etc.

Basically, what are your favorite and least favorite things about the phone after having it for quite some time?

Thanks!

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the AT&T version, and I've had it since August. Battery life is pretty good, surprisingly better than my S3, and although there have been a few quirks here and there, I really don't regret giving up my S3 for it. Sense is pretty cool, but I've since moved onto Nova Launcher Prime after falling in love with it on my S3.

My favorite things about the phone are the screen, the design, and the camera. The screen is day and night compared to the S3 (literally, screen is much brighter and better for outdoor use, and I'd say Gnex too since they both use the same screen technology) IMO. The design is really sexy, and in midst of all the S3 hype I still get some lustful glares about my phone. My uncle, who is a photographer by hobby, loves my camera, and says it's pretty good. And he uses SLRs.

Least favorite things would be the lack of microSD support amd removable battery, but with all the phones with removable batteries I've had, there has been no need to change them; and the storage problem has been alleviated by using Dropbox.

Overall loving this phone, and I'm sure you will too :D the icing on the cake for me would be Jelly Bean, which hopefully AT&T will push out soon :eek:

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the AT&T version, and I've had it since August. Battery life is pretty good, surprisingly better than my S3, and although there have been a few quirks here and there, I really don't regret giving up my S3 for it. Sense is pretty cool, but I've since moved onto Nova Launcher Prime after falling in love with it on my S3.

My favorite things about the phone are the screen, the design, and the camera. The screen is day and night compared to the S3 (literally, screen is much brighter and better for outdoor use, and I'd say Gnex too since they both use the same screen technology) IMO. The design is really sexy, and in midst of all the S3 hype I still get some lustful glares about my phone. My uncle, who is a photographer by hobby, loves my camera, and says it's pretty good. And he uses SLRs.

Least favorite things would be the lack of microSD support amd removable battery, but with all the phones with removable batteries I've had, there has been no need to change them; and the storage problem has been alleviated by using Dropbox.

Overall loving this phone, and I'm sure you will too :D the icing on the cake for me would be Jelly Bean, which hopefully AT&T will push out soon :eek:

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Thanks for the reply!

Glad to hear the battery is holding up nicely (even though its a different processor)..

Yeah I'm really looking forward to getting it. I figured that the international version would be the way to go for pre-paid (and for the 32gb + easier rooting/ROM path). Hopefully they do push Jelly Bean out to the AT&T models quickly (which is probably going to be AT&T themselves with the delay sadly).

Jelly Bean is so awesome, and I'm looking forward to trying it out with Sense to see if I like it. If not there's always roms :p