First Impressions moving from a One X to a One X+

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So here's mine.
First I'd like to say what everyone has said; The One x+ is what the one x should of been,HTC should of waited untill it was able to make such a phone.
Form factor- Is HTC,so you can't expect nothing but the best.
Battery-When not in use,the 5th companion core that clocked at ~500mhz takes over, and the phone barely drops anything over a long period. I unplugged my 1x+ at 6 and after a period of 4hrs & 30min(I fell asleep again lol) it only dropped 6%. Which is awsome,my 1x would of dropped like 20%. When playing Graphic intense games like horn,nfs,mc3,the dark meadow,etc. The phone tends to get really warm around the bottom right of the camer lense,and battery drops pretty quickly,especially with tegra 3 optimized games(they utilize all 4 cores)
Display-Same good 'ole display in the 1x.
Camera- Now I know they claim to have put the same camera they used in the HTC one x,but I noticed that pictures weren't as bright as they were on my one x,pictures were just as good but only not as bright.
FF Camera- A lot better then the original one x's FF Camera,the 1.6Mp shooter is a lot better and removes a bunch of the "noiseiness" /haze from the pictures.
OS- Let me start off by saying.. DAM.. HTC sense 4+ and jellybean are all you could ask for to make a smooth phone. Project Butter really does make the phone amazingly smooth. The new skins that come with 4+ are a plus too,they look really nice(I'll include a picture of one of the one I'm usuing)
Storage- If your like me,and like playing games on your phone,and have lots of music and pics on your phone then you'll love the one x+'s 64,unpartioned(meaning when they say you get 64Gb,You Get 64Gb) Gb's. The storage isn't separate like on some other phones,it's all one "bank" that all files on the phone go to(I'll include a pic)
So all in all,it's a really great smartphone. I'm glad I got it instead of the note 2,HTC couldn't of made a better phone.

From my ONE X+ :-D

AWESOME. No. 1 on my list for next Android phone... for now :)

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
What do you think of the Nexus 4?I'm guessing you are not satisfied with it since you have a One X + on the way...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I love the nexus 4 but the battery life is very questionable. Lack of LTE sucks but I really don't notice the difference unless I do a speed test. Loved my original one x so I gotta give this one a try!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I love the nexus 4 but the battery life is very questionable. Lack of LTE sucks but I really don't notice the difference unless I do a speed test. Loved my original one x so I gotta give this one a try!

Thanks! Please let us know what you think of the One X+.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
OK one little fly in the ointment is I wonder if the S4 will be better than the Tegra 3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
OK one little fly in the ointment is I wonder if the S4 will be better than the Tegra 3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Isn't their rumored M7 device using the S4 instead of the Tegra 3 this time around, that might tell ya something.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

If you decide to part with that Nexus 4 LMK. I'm in the NW burbs of Chicago and will save ya on shipping! :)

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Isn't their rumored M7 device using the S4 instead of the Tegra 3 this time around, that might tell ya something.

Maybe HTC will continue to use both. You know.? The s4 pro seems to be designed more towards horsepower and productivity whereas the tegra 3 is more suited for gaming(not saying that tegra 3 doesn't have any horsepower)

From my ONE X+ :-D

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So far I like most everything about the phone. There are a few more stutters and glitches then the Note 2, the screen is amazing, but this wifi thing is really becoming a burr in my arse. I need wifi to get through the day because the battery won't last that long on LTE. I'm even toying with the idea of going back to the 920 and then bounce between Android and WP8 when I get bored of one. Plus the 920 is getting a update today to address alot of issues and to fix the camera.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Got my HOX+ initial impressions are positive for the soft touch finish, much better than the HOX grey I had. Phone feels good, discharged it after installing a custom rom and setting it all up how I like it. Im thinking i like the N4's screen better, the colors aren't as vivid but the sharpness is slightly notable. Still torn on loosing the N4 though, if it only held battery life like an S3 and had LTE it would be worth even $150 more than their asking price.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So far I like most everything about the phone. There are a few more stutters and glitches then the Note 2, the screen is amazing, but this wifi thing is really becoming a burr in my arse. I need wifi to get through the day because the battery won't last that long on LTE. I'm even toying with the idea of going back to the 920 and then bounce between Android and WP8 when I get bored of one. Plus the 920 is getting a update today to address alot of issues and to fix the camera.

Have you tried the solutions out there like fixed IP?

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't wait anymore so I got a OneX (not Plus) today. Using TrickDroid. Stock and TrickDroid Android 4.1.x no issues with WiFi (802.11n 5ghz) here at home so far.

Yes, my Christmas present. Not sure if I've been nice but I sure as hell worked hard this year!!!

lbsf1

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Getting a HOX+ soon (ordered it at the beginning of December however thanks to phones 4 U will only be getting it in early January).

Upgrading from my severely aging HTC Wildfire, the X+ is going to be such a dream after using the wildfire for 2 years, its struggles to run Froyo and 95% of games don't play on it (even quadrant just crashes) the ability for functions to actually work as they are designed is going to be so nice. :D

So excited, already got a case for it just need the bloody phone now ;)

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Getting a HOX+ soon (ordered it at the beginning of December however thanks to phones 4 U will only be getting it in early January).

Upgrading from my severely aging HTC Wildfire, the X+ is going to be such a dream after using the wildfire for 2 years, its struggles to run Froyo and 95% of games don't play on it (even quadrant just crashes) the ability for functions to actually work as they are designed is going to be so nice. :D

So excited, already got a case for it just need the bloody phone now ;)

You're gonna love it. One X itself is sweet. Plus... ah will be nice. Tegra3 I'm finding is a really decent GPU... 200mhz difference notwithstanding.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums