Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By atomic_squid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC one x jelly bean update problem

Hello.
    I just downloaded the small update file, after I had a notification for an update.
    But now there's no new big update file waiting for download.
    I have an international version (from Thailand) but I'm in India at the moment.
    Do I have to be in the country of purchase for the update?
    Please help!

Default Re: HTC one x jelly bean update problem

No it's from HTC not a carrier. Goes by CID and imei I believe. Update away my friend.

Sent from my EVO
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by celticking View Post
    Update away my friend.

Sent from my EVO
    ... I would love to....
    My CID 044.
    as I said.. the first small file was available (downloaded, restarted ), but the actual update to JB is not there.
    I hope nothing went wrong.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

No. Everyone will receive a small packet to prepare phone for JB. Then Jb will be huge packet. Have a little more patience

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the Infos.
    My update finally came through today.
    I had two days between the small file and the big file.
    All fine now !

It would be nice to have an update available to download. Does anyone know if or when AT&T plans to update in the USA ?

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Nope. You can always root however like everyone always suggests. I rather wait tho.

My one x is better then your one x!!
    /
    D:
    \

I am new to the Android system and after reading some posts on "rooting" I still don't know for sure what its all about and the ROM thing. I prefer to wait and see if one is on the Horizon , I put an app on that is supposed to resemble the new os that everyone is bragging about and like the looks. But as some would, I would like to have the new update. I was previously using iPhone for several years and updating there was not a problem , there was always something new every other month or so and it went good. The new "jelly bean" system came out about a month after I upgraded from the iPhone to the HTC> I do like it better just too new to it to be messing around with the inner workings on it.

hey i am facing the same issue... gt this update on 13th december 160mb one bt it isnt jelly bean update... when i go to system update then it says "no update for your phone"... i read that u gt a update after 2 days bt i din recieve any... (i also bought this one x from grey market....) plsss help..

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by lolwa View Post
    hey i am facing the same issue... gt this update on 13th december 160mb one bt it isnt jelly bean update... when i go to system update then it says "no update for your phone"... i read that u gt a update after 2 days bt i din recieve any... (i also bought this one x from grey market....) plsss help..
    FYI,
    The JB update for the Evo 4G LTE
    Was 396 MB I size.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless
    Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S

ROM
    CM 10.1 and AOKP 4.2 RP

Quote Originally Posted by leesumm View Post
    I am new to the Android system and after reading some posts on "rooting" I still don't know for sure what its all about and the ROM thing. I prefer to wait and see if one is on the Horizon , I put an app on that is supposed to resemble the new os that everyone is bragging about and like the looks. But as some would, I would like to have the new update. I was previously using iPhone for several years and updating there was not a problem , there was always something new every other month or so and it went good. The new "jelly bean" system came out about a month after I upgraded from the iPhone to the HTC> I do like it better just too new to it to be messing around with the inner workings on it.
    I switched to Android around the same time as you. Though I highly suggest rooting, it can be reasonably difficult at first. In my opinion, though, it's highly worth it.

Sent from my One X rocking Nocturnal'd Dirty ROM 4.1
    Optimus G Pro, running CarbonROM 4.3!
    Bizzle69 likes this.