Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By littlebone
  • 1 Post By sr2012
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Talking New HTC One X From 4S iOS 6

Hello,

I will be getting my beautiful international, unlocked HTC One X tomorrow.

So first, I have a few questions.

I see that I can upgrade to Jelly Bean OTA. That is nice.

I don't use many apps on my iPhone. I mainly use it to read news, some twitter and some facebook. I really got tired of my iPhone's small screen.

Is there an update to the Sense skin? Recommend me some apps? Some people to follow on twitter for news or app reviews?

Any tips to do with the phone on my first day?

Thanks!

Default Re: New HTC One X From 4S iOS 6

While I like Sense overall, I chose to use a different app from the Sense email app. I use K9 Mail. I like the way it handles multiple accounts. Other apps I use and like:
    • Care Home Ultra for easy access to navigation functions while driving
    • SVOX added a nice female voice to my Google Maps car navigation
    • iBolt Car Dock for above, purchased here at AC
    • Flipboard turns the One-X into a magazine style browser. AC has pages formatted for Flipboard
    • Pulse for RSS feeds, it has similar functionality to Flipboard. Navigation is quicker, I find.
    • 250+ Solitaire Collection (it's not all Angry Birds and World of Goo, after all).
    • Netflix
    • Kindle for Android
    • Nook for Android
    • Juice Defender
    • Dolphin Browser
    • Opera Browser

To add to the reviews of hardware and software that you can read here at Android Central, I recommend Erica Griffin - YouTube. She is a thorough and knowledgeable reviewer. Her reviews of One-X cases helped me decide on the Otterbox Commuter case.
    Thanked by 2:
    Calot likes this.

I don't mean to thread jack but do you find that the Otterbox Commuter case works well with the iBolt Car Dock?

Ryan,
    I sent you a private reply, but I'll repeat (and expand) it here: The iBolt dock works fine with the commuter case. Before I got the case I used the insert included with the dock for case-less phones. After getting the Commuter Case, I just removed the insert.

But note: As soon as I got the Commuter, I removed the rubber cover for the USB charging port. It had been my hope that I could use my docking stand with the case on. That was not to be.

In retrospect, it is possible that I might have had problems with the iDock if I hadn't removed that cover.

Joe

Just got my One X literally one hour ago. Donated my Xperia S to those Christmas-charity thingies. Best part ~ only $30 extra per month on my Vodafone Australia plan (was $60 with Sony, now $90 ~ since I didn't want to pay out the rest of the phone) ~ overall good deal and hopefully someone at the Christmas-charity thing will figure out how it can go to a good home or maybe they'll sell it at an op shop somehow. Whatever the case, Merry Christmas to ... them and to... me ! Muah ha ha ha.

I'm going to use my Telstra SIM anyway so it'll have the best 3G and 3.5G(??) connection.

Charging up now, will report back.

HO HO HO HO HO

Gotta work 3 extra hours next week though between Xmas and New Year to work off the guilt! Ha Ha... Maybe, we'll see.
    quicksilver53 likes this.