Secure box password retreival

tubista

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have htc one x plus and I created a password for "secure box" inside my messaging app and now I can't access it - it's giving me "incorrect password" message. Is there a way of resetting your password for the secure box without having to know the actual set password?

thanks

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend you contact Box at their website.

If it were easy to recover, it would pretty insecure.

Mendalex93

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
do you know the Website to the Original Installed Secure Box on HTC EVO 4G LTE? i dont recall making a password for my Secure Box in my Messages.. please help

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I have A HTC one xl same problem what's box's website

Wait, you are trying to use a cloud storage app, to store your personal stuff on the web, and you don't even know how to find the manufacturer's web site!

Unbelievable!

Try box.com, who knows you might get lucky.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Wait, you are trying to use a cloud storage app, to store your personal stuff on the web, and you don't even know how to find the manufacturer's web site!

Unbelievable!

Try box.com, who knows you might get lucky.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

There's no need to be snarky or make comments that could demean or belittle anothers intelligence, or make them feel bad about asking a question. No one should ever have to feel ashamed of seeking help. Many new users are also new to smartphones, or the internet in general. Greeting them in such a manner can cause them to not return. Please refrain from doing this again in the future.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Droid DNA

Benjamin Gramlich

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
The problem isn't with the box.net app and has nothing to do with the cloud service provided by box.net. The problem is that these users are unable to retrieve or reset the password set on the 'secure inbox' within the Messages app that HTC provides with its phones. Contacting box.net will not help at all with this issue.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue. My 11 year old set the password when it was her phone. I have moved tons of messages over that are important for work, and now I'm screwed because she has no idea what it is. Its my phone line, I bought the phone and I'm the account holder. I need these messages. Please help me!!!

RideBigBlock

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I didn't recall anyone saying anything about storing anything in a cloud! Your reading this to say what you want it to say. Believable!
I am having the same problem. Just got off the phone with Sprint and they cant help ether! I also do not recall putting a password for "secure message box".
I have some data in there that I need tomorrow and it looks like I am screwed! No one knows how to reset the password!
:-\

Kimmyrl

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
try using your telephone number area code first. i had the same issue and didn't recall setting a password. it ended being my phone number.

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok, now that is sooo weird.....i've been trying to guess the pass about 20 times in the messages app, and now when i had to introduce the old pass for changing it, i introduced the same pass that i knew it was right and it worked........... Thanks! Sau multumesc, caci am.o vaga impresie ca esti romanca :)

Adrian Huston

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I was having this same problem. Never having set up a password so of course I go into settings to change it and kept getting password cannot be empty. something made me scroll up and it needed to be entered twice duh. Thought this may help :)

punachick

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Having same issue nothing helps I found an online, htc live chat it's closed here in Hawaii right now I'm trying again tomorrow. If anyone finds out, please post

http:(fwd slash, Fwd slash)htc(dot)cust-serv(dot)com/chat(dot)aspx