Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Default Re: Secure box password retreival

Quote Originally Posted by tubista View Post
    I have htc one x plus and I created a password for "secure box" inside my messaging app and now I can't access it - it's giving me "incorrect password" message. Is there a way of resetting your password for the secure box without having to know the actual set password?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostintranslation405 View Post
    I am having the same issue. My 11 year old set the password when it was her phone. I have moved tons of messages over that are important for work, and now I'm screwed because she has no idea what it is. Its my phone line, I bought the phone and I'm the account holder. I need these messages. Please help me!!!
    emijo1997 likes this.

Never having set up a password so of course I go into settings to change it and kept getting password cannot be empty. something made me scroll up and it needed to be entered twice duh. Thought this may help

Go to your phone's Settings (the gear icon at the top right of the screen when you drag your finger down the screen from the top). Under the Display setting or Auto-Rotate box, make sure the Auto-Rotate option is checked/highlighted. Go to your messages app and open the Settings (three dots at the top right of the screen). Open Settings there, tap and open General. Now rotate your phone to the landscape (long-ways view). Inside the General tab scroll down to Settings and click on Password. Now in this rotated view you can see two fields instead of one. Input your "Old Password" (whatever you choose) and then retype that in the "Enter Password" field below. Click "Ok". Now use this password to access your "secure box" messages by clicking the Messages menu (the downward pointing triangle on the top left of your messages screen) and choosing Secure.

I have htc one x plus and I created a password for "secure box" inside my messaging app and now I can't access it - it's giving me "incorrect password" message. Is there a way of resetting your password for the secure box without having to know the actual set password?

thanks

thanks

thanks
    If you delete the contact that you sent to your secure box from your contacts then it returns all messages with that person to your general box.

thanks

I have the HTC desire 510. I don't remember if I set up the password and I can't lose the messages I sent. they are extremely important messages that I sent to my secure box. Help I need them back!

Quote Originally Posted by Diavoliza View Post
    Go to the Messages (dots at the right) /Settings/General/Password and reset your Security Box password..EASY!

Hi - I am having the same issue and am desperate. Have you received any help with this issue? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by owldus View Post
    Hi - I am having the same issue and am desperate. Have you received any help with this issue? Thanks!
    I guessed 4321 and it worked on my phone.

You're amazing! Thanks so much for that*tip . It totally worked!!

Thanks to all for help with this.. (Except the unnecessarily unpleasant comments from a couple of earlier contributors..)
    I have an HTC One M8 and moved some texts to Secure... When I tried to retrieve them it asked for a password but I hadn't set one up.
    Thanks to the help on this forum I went to Messages, then Settings (3 dots at top right), the Settings again and then General and finally Password and it enabled me to set a Password (had to type it twice) and now I can retrieve them. RESULT! I am afraid that if you have FORGOTTEN a password set earlier this won't work as you have to enter the old password first.

thank you so much.

I have a metropcs htc desire 626s and i dont know my password is their anyway i can retrieve my password in a different way

thanks
    Try using your Google Account password. The one that you are signed into your Android with. Not the screen/phone lock, the actual account loaded with your contacts and more.

I need to reset this altogether... I don't remember what it is cause I don't remember setting one

Thank you for the support, Miss Jennifer Stougg, EXPLAING to us, by all means asking questions doesnt make you ignorant, it shows that we are smart enough to try and get an answer...... Thats why we ask these ligitiment questions for support and a solution.
    Anyway, I thought it was my only password that I use for any password that I create. So regardless, I need to know a solution, because I need them for court as evidence, so I wanted them SECURED!
    Thank you in advance for the help!,
    Tokyo

Thank you

Haha was having same issue with my HTC One phone. So I was just searching how to reset that as have some personal stuff in that secure box. Finally I got ans and that is 'HTC" in capital word
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12