Secure box password retreival

ericthewiz

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I Tried all the suggestions people posted and NONE OF THEM WORKED..
So I Continued to play with it and even copied everything from my phone to my pc just in case I deleted everything while experimenting. AND THIS IS WHAT I FOUND OUT. I never had a password but it asked for one So I TYPED THE ENTIRE FIRST LINE OF YOUR QWERTY KEYBOARD For the password and confirmation AND IT WORKED. Your Welcome in Advance... Good Luck!!

Tracey Karlson

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Never having set up a password so of course I go into settings to change it and kept getting password cannot be empty. something made me scroll up and it needed to be entered twice duh. Thought this may help

KMoir

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Go to your phone's Settings (the gear icon at the top right of the screen when you drag your finger down the screen from the top). Under the Display setting or Auto-Rotate box, make sure the Auto-Rotate option is checked/highlighted. Go to your messages app and open the Settings (three dots at the top right of the screen). Open Settings there, tap and open General. Now rotate your phone to the landscape (long-ways view). Inside the General tab scroll down to Settings and click on Password. Now in this rotated view you can see two fields instead of one. Input your "Old Password" (whatever you choose) and then retype that in the "Enter Password" field below. Click "Ok". Now use this password to access your "secure box" messages by clicking the Messages menu (the downward pointing triangle on the top left of your messages screen) and choosing Secure.

Zhimes

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I have htc one x plus and I created a password for "secure box" inside my messaging app and now I can't access it - it's giving me "incorrect password" message. Is there a way of resetting your password for the secure box without having to know the actual set password?

thanks

If you delete the contact that you sent to your secure box from your contacts then it returns all messages with that person to your general box.

emijo1997

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the HTC desire 510. I don't remember if I set up the password and I can't lose the messages I sent. they are extremely important messages that I sent to my secure box. Help I need them back!

CHHudson

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to all for help with this.. (Except the unnecessarily unpleasant comments from a couple of earlier contributors..)
I have an HTC One M8 and moved some texts to Secure... When I tried to retrieve them it asked for a password but I hadn't set one up.
Thanks to the help on this forum I went to Messages, then Settings (3 dots at top right), the Settings again and then General and finally Password and it enabled me to set a Password (had to type it twice) and now I can retrieve them. RESULT! I am afraid that if you have FORGOTTEN a password set earlier this won't work as you have to enter the old password first.

Just Kelvin

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I have htc one x plus and I created a password for "secure box" inside my messaging app and now I can't access it - it's giving me "incorrect password" message. Is there a way of resetting your password for the secure box without having to know the actual set password?

thanks

Try using your Google Account password. The one that you are signed into your Android with. Not the screen/phone lock, the actual account loaded with your contacts and more.

Tokyo619

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the support, Miss Jennifer Stougg, EXPLAING to us, by all means asking questions doesnt make you ignorant, it shows that we are smart enough to try and get an answer...... Thats why we ask these ligitiment questions for support and a solution.
Anyway, I thought it was my only password that I use for any password that I create. So regardless, I need to know a solution, because I need them for court as evidence, so I wanted them SECURED!
Thank you in advance for the help!,
Tokyo

Last edited:

Dhananjay Pansare

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site

Haha was having same issue with my HTC One phone. So I was just searching how to reset that as have some personal stuff in that secure box. Finally I got ans and that is 'HTC" in capital word

BW-22

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
KMoir - Thank you so much!!! I followed your step by step directions, to be honest I was doubtful about the method you provided but sure enough YOU WERE ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON!!! I'm good to go :)

Benjamin Fox1

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site

thanks

Does your phone have a password lock screen.? Try that pw. If it doesn't work, use the pw of your gmail account assigned to the phone.