One X+ picture/video message problem

zdeminador

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the One x+ on att's $25 monthly prepaid with no data. It's supposed to be unlimited text, pic and vid messages but I can't send any pics or vids.
I asked a sales rep and she said it's because I'm using prepaid.

Is there a way to send pics or vid messages either by using an app or rooting my phone or something? (I just got the phone and haven't rooted it yet.)

Thanks a lot

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
No data =. No Sms just text you need data to get it off the network. You see it requires data from the tower to download and upload. This is where at&t but s you into a contract. My thoughts call customer service. They don't want prepaid smart phones unless it's designated as one. But your going to most likely have to get a dat package of some sort. Good luck simply dial 611 from your phone. Once you confirm your number press 0 then 0 again it will send you to customer service.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
No data means you can only do those thing when connected to wifi.
And you can't send ore receive pictures in SMS messages (because then they become MMS messages and go via your data, which you don't have).

If the rep told you that you can send unlimited pic and vid messages then he tells you you can't, you need to speak to his supervisor and get the correct story.

P.S. Never buy a smartphone with ZERO data plan. That's just wrong on so many levels.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Not to be a snobish pos. If you can't offord the extra fees involved with the data, then don't go for it. I can understand I don't make crap for money. But I got a good deal with plans that are grandfathered in. Such as unlimited data 400 anytime minits 5,000 night and weekend with roll over. Unlimited text/the ability to talk for free to any carrier for free. With insurrance I'm looking at 103 a month. Sometimes I wish I could go back to prepaid, but my set up is nice so no complaints. Better question is what is reasonable for your budget?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney