Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Notification sound issues..

My notification sounds for text messages will randomly stop working? Anyone else having this issue or know how to resolve it?

It will work fine and then all of a sudden the sound will not go off when a new text message is received. I have not rooted the phone it is still in the factory settings. The only solution I have come up with thus far is to restart the phone and the notification sounds will work again.

Default Re: Notification sound issues..

Accidentally pressing volume down?
    Selecting Sound Profile Vibrate by accident?

Quote Originally Posted by utgal_22 View Post
    My notification sounds for text messages will randomly stop working? Anyone else having this issue or know how to resolve it?

It will work fine and then all of a sudden the sound will not go off when a new text message is received. I have not rooted the phone it is still in the factory settings. The only solution I have come up with thus far is to restart the phone and the notification sounds will work again.
    This happens to me as well. Not sure if it's my third party messaging app or what. I might go back to stock messaging app and try that and see. Right now I use Go SMS Pro.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Ya, this is why I went back to stock messaging app... I loved the options of go SMS pro, and handsent, but there always seemed to be little bugs like this
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!

While on the subject of Go SMS vs stock messaging app. Is there anyway to not receive double notifications from Go SMS when you recieve a MMS/Group message. For instance, when one of my friends sends a message to mulitple people (say 5 for instance), I get a notification saying i got a message from them, then 1 or 2 seconds later, go sms realizes its a group mms and i get another notification and it is moved to the correct thread. Not sure how to get around that, but thought id ask.

You can get around that by switching back to stock.
    As far as I can tell, go doesn't off anything that stock doesn't offer except per-sender ring tones.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Thanks to everyone. I am actually still using the stock version that was originally on the phone and I'm still having the issue. The phone is not set to vibrate or anything it will be on loud, it just will stop notifying me when messages are received.

I have enjoyed Go SMS and use it primarily because it offers the ability to have threaded group MMS (like iphone - everyones responses in one thread). I guess those double notifications are something I will have to live with, worth the annoyingness for me though.

My sound has stopped working for text messaging! My ringtones are fine as well as my email notification. I tried changing the text notification back to a factory setting. Tried restarting the phone. Nothing seems to be working! I'm really not liking this phone!!!!

Similar problem here.. Not getting notification sounds for email.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Same here, no SMS sound and am using stock sms app

sent from my Verizon Note2...

Try an app named SoundAbout.

hello dear friend. i found a solution for my Note 2. the problem was GoSMS. i had problem after instulling GoSMS, this app is nice but make Original Note 2 app confused, after removing GoSMS everything work fine. exuse me for my poor english .