How's your HOX screen holding up?

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I never place my phone face down and when it goes in my pocket there are no keys, no change and I put it in with the screen against my leg. Today I noticed, in certain light, some good sized hairline scratches on the screen. I was just wondering how other people's screens are holding up. Is your screen scratching more than you expected?

Sent from my HTC One X

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
No scratches at all.
I've had it since first released.

The back camera lens cover, which never really comes into contact with anything does have some scratches.
They don't seem to affect pictures, but you know it must degrade the image somewhat.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a Zagg HD Shield and an Otterbox case on my phone, so no worries with mine, its well protected. I've even dropped it once and no issues.

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Zagg HD Shield and an Otterbox case on my phone, so no worries with mine, its well protected. I've even dropped it once and no issues.

Which Otterbox case do you have? My commuter case completely pushed up my Skinomi screen protector, so looking for another one.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox Defender and zagg Hd screen protector too. The little ridge keeps it off the surface I play it on and well,no scratches whatsoever lol. I've dropped my hox a few times but this thing is great.! :thumbup:
My one x is better then your one x!!
/
D:
\

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Which Otterbox case do you have? My commuter case completely pushed up my Skinomi screen protector, so looking for another one.

The defender I'm assuming; The zagg hd is case friendly so even tho it covers like 98% of the display panel it leaves a mm or 2 so whatever case you put on it doesn't interfere with the screen protector. Great combo by the way; built in otterbox screen protector is crap,the hd one kept the displays clarity. :)

/
D:
\

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The defender I'm assuming; The zagg hd is case friendly so even tho it covers like 98% of the display panel it leaves a mm or 2 so whatever case you put on it doesn't interfere with the screen protector. Great combo by the way; built in otterbox screen protector is crap,the hd one kept the displays clarity. :)

/
D:
\

Ah that's good to know thanks! And yeah I attempted to put on the one that came with the case and ripped it off in frustration lol. I'll look into the Zagg HD protector.

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I should get a screen protector. As far as cases go, I don't like them. The design of this phone is so nice that I don't want to cover it up! :)

Sent from my HTC One X

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I should get a screen protector. As far as cases go, I don't like them. The design of this phone is so nice that I don't want to cover it up! :)

Sent from my HTC One X

Zagg hd my friend,well worth the money. No scratches on the actual shield at all even with the few drops that I've had. And it really does feel like glass(depends on your fingers if their clean or sticky you know ? ) Just gotta make sure you install it right or it'll look a little funky lol.

/
D:
\

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have no protection on mine, and keep it in a holster when I'm walking around. I've tossed it down conference tables during meetings (so people could verify their emails) and dropped it at least once a day (I'm clumsy, okay?). Still not a scratch on mine.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had a zagg on since day one with my +. My HOX didn't have any scratches. After six months it still looked like it just came out of the box.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

I have the commuter, no issues with pushing up the screen protector, it fits great

Sent from my blazing HTC One X+
Orange & Blue through and through...Go Gators!

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my HTC One X

I with also say Zagg hd, I had bestbuy install mine at no charge, plus if it ever messes up, they replace it for free and install it again

Sent from my blazing HTC One X+
Orange & Blue through and through...Go Gators!

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
All is well here for the most part. Light scratches on screen, and a tiny scratch on cam lens. Dunno where I got my case, but I've dropped my HOX so many times (at least 10 this week alone! :eek: shame on me :mad: ), and it's held up well. )

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Ryan Ramos1

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
do you know if the original Zagg protector (not the HD) will peel when in use with the Otterbox Commuter. have the case and i hate the screen protector that it came with. thinking of getting the zagg or ghost armor thanks

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Cases galore, but no screen protector because there was nothing on the market the covered the ENTIRE screen correctly. Never had one on since and the screen is immaculate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1