HTC One X Wifi problem (not the hardware issue)

sumx4182

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought a new route (Linksys EA4500). I don't think this is part of the issue, and I'll explain why...but here's the problem:

After a few minutes, I haven't been able to narrow down the exact time but it seems like 15-30 minutes, my phone does not pull in data from wifi unless I cycle it off and on again. It still shows full strength connection but anything I load like Facebook, Twitter, Scramble with Friends will just show the "updating" animation over and over again until I reset the wifi. The network monitoring part of my the battery indicator shows that wifi is still connected this whole time.

Anyone have an idea what might be causing this issue?

The reason I don't think it's the wifi router is because no other devices exhibit this time out problem. We have 2 laptops, an iPhone and an iPad on the same network with no troubles.

I should also mention I'm stock as hell on an AT&T One X.

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I was having this problem all the time too. After the att software update, I had the problem a lot less, but it happens sometimes still. I'm not sure what it is.

sumx4182

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It just started happening the passed week or two. It never happened before and nothing has changed software-wise in that time. Very strange.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys have a uverse 2wire router? Most of the wifi problems were resolved with the radio upgrade that went with the 2.20 update from ATT. The only place I have heard of further problems are related to specific models of 2wire routers.

Try resetting, or toggling off for testing, the wireless security on the router. I believe that is what the 2wire problems had to do to resolve.

Sarah Liu

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Also having this problem. No problems with my wifi at work, only my home network. I'll try to mess around with the router tonight and see if it helps.

sumx4182

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Also having this problem. No problems with my wifi at work, only my home network. I'll try to mess around with the router tonight and see if it helps.
Agreed. I don't think it's just an HTC problem because it works fine on my work router. Just my new home router. And I have a modem through Armstrong Cable. That modem has been the same this whole time, from the old router to the new router. So that shouldn't be the source of the issue.

sumx4182

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
one x wifi problem...
Thanks for such an in-depth answer. Except you ignored the fact that I've had my phone since the first month of release, and never had the problem until the last two weeks and only after I purchased a new router. Although none of my other devices have a problem with the new router.

sumx4182

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
One other piece of info for those with the same problem...When I upgraded my router, I went from a Linksys with A/B/G to an A/B/G/N and I have forced it to N-only because there are currently no devices on the network that don't utilize N for their connection. When I was using A/B/G for the old router, it worked fine. Any think this could be part of it?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Notice it most at my office. It's rather annoying and I don't have time to keep checking if my phone is still logged in to the wifi network.

yash777

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem today morning. I am wondering if its got anything to do with the 'Put data connection to sleep' option in the power saver mode. I had it ticked overnight and the wifi went off but a day back I had disabled it and I had wifi all night.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem today morning. I am wondering if its got anything to do with the 'Put data connection to sleep' option in the power saver mode. I had it ticked overnight and the wifi went off but a day back I had disabled it and I had wifi all night.

I've never used the power saver mode and I have the problem.

sumx4182

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Notice it most at my office. It's rather annoying and I don't have time to keep checking if my phone is still logged in to the wifi network.
It only happens at my house. Office wifi is fine, wifi at my parents house is fine. Only the wifi at my house. Work wifi is ABGN, parents wifi is ABG, home wifi is ABGN

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
This lock up thing is getting to be annoying. Happens atleast 2-3 times a day in my office where the phone receives no data because it gets locked up on wifi. Toggle wifi off and I get a ton of notifications. Both my home and office use the same wifi security protocol.

sumx4182

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This lock up thing is getting to be annoying. Happens atleast 2-3 times a day in my office where the phone receives no data because it gets locked up on wifi. Toggle wifi off and I get a ton of notifications. Both my home and office use the same wifi security protocol.
Mine's the opposite, work and everywhere else is fine, home is not. Home is WPA2-PSK with AES encryption, work is WPA-PSK, my parents is probably WEP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10