Jellybean?

Ryan Siegel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So i am accepting the fact that jellybean will never be released to the one x on att... Im not saying that is true, but i have accepted it. Us one xers might get skipped over as the one x+ takes the game over.. I am tired of checking for updates just to find there is none... Looks as if most other phones on seperate carriers have received jellybean...

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
While my confidence in it is draining, I'd be really surprised if we never got the update. I'm going to stay a bit hopeful, but if we don't get it this month/early next month, then I'll probably just give up. And I'll probably decide not another HTC product for me. :(

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Htc originally said it will come before the end of 2012... If its not here by January 1st, then you should freak out... In the mean time, unlock, root, and put a jelly bean rom on it

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I too have been waiting , reading and looking for the JB update. I was and iphone user since the conception of iphones and always had updates and good usage on ATT where I live ,then for some reason switched over to the Android system. The HTC had a good price at the time an just after the return period was over , out comes the HTC once x+ with JB. Seems ATT wants to push every1thing new and exciting and as always leaves customers in the dust. I have read now that the JB will be out for the HTC once in about March 2013, but not holding my breath. I have 3 lines on ATT now and soon one will be up for for a upgrade. ATT due to you lack of support in updating you just might loose one of your 30 million customers to NET talk ? or whatever.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Sprint just announced the update for the Evo LTE, whatsitsname thing... which is just our phone on their network isn't it? I bet ours shows up short term.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
And this delay in updating has nothing to do with AT&T this time... Htc held it back because of the release of the one x+... It is coming soon

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Sprint just announced the update for the Evo LTE, whatsitsname thing... which is just our phone on their network isn't it? I bet ours shows up short term.

Not announced. It was released yesterday. My co worker's who have the evo 4g lte all downloaded
It yesterday. Including my sister last night. Her phoned seems much more responsive and Google now is a very nice feature to have.
I believe the one x will get JB. It is just a matter of when.
If you all can't wait for the official
Release? Root your phone and flash
CM10. Which I read is a great jb rom.
Sent from my Coconut Wireless

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Why wouldn't you have gotten the jb update yet? Thought you guys were scheduled to get it before the evo

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
No, it is NOT AT&T holding the update back, HTC is the one holding it... If it were att, then why hasn't Rogers in Canada recieved it?

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
for the most part it is AT&T fault HTC did delayed the update because of the one x plus but now it's going to a certain point where AT&T is prolonging the update in order to sell more One x plus because it's the only HTC phone on AT&T to have jelly bean.

nuruddin.bu

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you guys try the cyanogenmod 10 JB ROM? Are there reasons stopping you from doing that? I am a very new user of the HTC one X (only 3 days), but I did not like sense UI too much and installed cyanogenmod 10 the next day of owning the phone to get the bare android experience.

I would like to know more as I am a new user and missing some crucial information maybe about JB ATT update.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you guys try the cyanogenmod 10 JB ROM? Are there reasons stopping you from doing that? I am a very new user of the HTC one X (only 3 days), but I did not like sense UI too much and installed cyanogenmod 10 the next day of owning the phone to get the bare android experience.

I would like to know more as I am a new user and missing some crucial information maybe about JB ATT update.

Agreed.. The dirty rom I was running was basically cm10, with few differences, but I like sense a lot... I keep switching between ViperXL (sense w/ tons of tweaks , crazy good battery life) and Nocturnal'd Dirty Rom... Both excellent

EDIT: ViperXL is 4.0.4... It will be updated to jb when htc releases the update

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I am tempted to root and flash CM10 on my OneX. I have always rooted and installed a different rom with my previous android phones.

Whats stopping me and holding out until the official updates are:

Imagesense wont work with CM10. I know i can do Post Processing with the pictures i take, but at the Moment, the camera is just great!!!

Sense and group contacts works really well and do what they are supposed to do. I dont know if that has been fixed with JB. On my old Gnex with ICS when i make certain groups from contacts (work/riding/sports) i cannot send texts/email to certain groups. and with sense i can do those with one click. And id rather not use any 3rd party sms app just to do that.

so i dont know, there are a few things holding me back......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173