put on the CM10 rom and ...

cmcfarland

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Now it just goes to the startup screen and says "HTC quitely brilliant then under it says this build id for development purp only etc etc.. What did I do wrong? Its stuck on this screen

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you flash the boot.img separately through fastboot before flashing the ROM? This is assuming you're on hboot 1.14

Sent from my HTC One XL running ViperXL 3.0.0 using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ya, wipe everything, go back to bootloader, fastboot flash the rom from PC, reboot to recovery and flash the rom again... First boot may take a little longer than usual, and may boot loop one time... But it should boot up fine!

cmcfarland

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I put the boot.img into the kernel file for the htc one x all in one tool kit data folder. when I downloaded the new boot.img to the htc one x it got stuck in the loop. how do I get to the bootloader screen when stuck in the loop?

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hold down volume down and the power button, the leds should flash repeatedly and when the screen goes off let go of the power button but not volume down. Then after about 3 seconds hold the power button again and let go of both after about 3-5 seconds.

cmcfarland

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
when I get in then it brings me to the bootscreen I select factory reset and then it take me to the team win recovery project screen. from there I select wipe and factory which gives me a failed message. I wiped everything else. when I select reboot to anything it tells me there is no OS. What do I do?

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You might wanna head over to onexroot.com and look at the unbrick section. That might help you more than i can. Good luck!!

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
YOU ARE NOT BRICKED.... You did a factory reset and TWRP is suppose to tell you there is no OS, repeat the steps I said in my first post

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
YOU ARE NOT BRICKED.... You did a factory reset and TWRP is suppose to tell you there is no OS, repeat the steps I said in my first post

Thanks for the assist, i just got into rooting and installing ROMs about a week ago :)

myrddincox

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Was seriously thinking about taking the plunge with CM10. This has me thinking otherwise... Have others had good experience with CM10 on the One XL?

myrddincox

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am right there with you... Have no experience rooting or flashing new ROMs to my phone, but would like to try. However, the thought of bricking my phone is none too pleasant!

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If you successfully install a recovery and perform your backups you should be good

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's common to be nervous on your first try, just make sure you know exactly what you're doing before you start the process. And make sure you don't flash an international ROM.