Home > Messages > Compose > People > Frequent......can you delete this list ?

Mitsuhashi80

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Yep, and I believe is an issue that should be fixed.
Don't you find it really annoying to have stored somewhere in your phone some phone numbers that you do not want to keep ?
Have you tried any third party application that could solve this problem ?

Regards

Mitsuhashi80

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I see your point but what really bothers me is the fact i cannot control a basic feature in my phone. I don't want to root it, just want to erase some garbage.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

thomas0612

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a international one x. I'm on att and don't see that option. If you are looking to hide something, save the phone number under someone else's name...

Mitsuhashi80

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Nope, don't wanna hide anything but the list keep growing and would be nice when i will erase history to include this list as well. Anyway i am losing hope... thanks anyway for all your suggestions.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Nope, don't wanna hide anything but the list keep growing and would be nice when i will erase history to include this list as well. Anyway i am losing hope... thanks anyway for all your suggestions.

No the list doesn't keep growing. It gets to a certain size then those on the list that you send to less frequently are dropped off.

It is a dynamic list. Think of it as your top ten list. People you rarely text to will be dropped over time.

It is there as a convenience, to make it easier for you to find the people you text to most frequently. Getting rid of it is a fool's errand. Learn to use it to your advantage.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Mitsuhashi80

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
At first i would agree with you about it but i've certainly sent sms to dozens of different people more than once and guess what, the list is not dynamic at all.

I will try to exaplain it better: at one point I've composed a message and the recipient seems to be number 07. It is an obvious mistake while i was searching a stored contact. Well that number is still there despite i've used it only once.

I can live with this feature as long as will reflect the actual usage and not some bogus numbers i cannot get rid off.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I agree, this needs to be fixed, I'm not a fan of the frequent contacts popping up.

Sent from my blazing HTC One X+
Orange & Blue through and through...Go Gators!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree, this needs to be fixed, I'm not a fan of the frequent contacts popping up.

Sent from my blazing HTC One X+
Orange & Blue through and through...Go Gators!

The won't pop up unless you press a 5 or 6 tap sequence.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk HD

stavros george

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
why dont you just answer the question instead of telling everyone your opinion. i have the same issue....and if i wish to delete the frequent history then i should be able to without having to explain why...what if there is a legitimate reason to delete these numbers ....my case : i was overseas and was texting back to australia and now it remembers the o/s carrier and country code for my oz contact ...which it defaults to when i attempt to reply to a text from my australian contact...so if there is no way to delete it then say so or if you don't know how to delete it then say that.

jaydow11

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I completely agree there needs to be an option to delete or even turn off the "frequent" list. I have to keep scrolling down the list in order to actually get the contact I want. Keeps putting in old group messages and one of the numbers isn't even correct anymore....

Vajira Thilakaratne

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
You can delete that easily if your mobile is rooted. All you have to do is install Titanium Backup. Open it. Then go to the tab marked "backup/restore" and select "Messages x.x.xxx.... (SMS/MMS PREFS)" which is usually highlighted in green color with the stock messages icon. Tap on that and from the next little "window" that opens up, just select "Wipe data" on the top right that is highlighted in Red.
All the annoying frequent lists will be gone from the stock messaging app but will leave your messages intact.
Cheers.

FFSRegisterSomeName

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have an actual solution to this annoying problem.
Open a new email as if you are about to originate a new message.
Go to the three dots in the top right corner, just to the right of the paperclip (attachment) icon.
See the last option in the resulting pull down menu. It says Delete Frequent - or something to that effect. Select it and voila - problem solved.

Happiness restored!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I have an actual solution to this annoying problem.
Open a new email as if you are about to originate a new message.
Go to the three dots in the top right corner, just to the right of the paperclip (attachment) icon.
See the last option in the resulting pull down menu. It says Delete Frequent - or something to that effect. Select it and voila - problem solved.

Happiness restored!

Excellent, thanks for the solution! Was trying to solve this for my wife.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

hoeslayer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
For a Nexus6. On your home screen click on the phone icon. You should see Speed dial Recent and contacts. Select speed dial and on top of the page in the upper right hand corner there are 3 dots tap it and the clear frequents. And poof all is well in the universe all frequent contacts in your call and text log are gone.hope it helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63