Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Texting issues with AT&T One X

I was wondering if anyone else has run across this issue lately. I bought a One X back in August, and had no issues until about a month ago. People tell me that they regularly get double messages from me, and I have seen the same with texts from others to my phone. I also will not receive any messages for a period of time, only to receive them an our or two late, often in a bunch. I don't think it's a network issue, since no one I know on AT&T is experiencing this. Any ideas? Has this been touched upon on this forum already?

Thanks,
    Joe

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Default Re: Texting issues with AT&T One X

I never got this with the stock messaging app, but I did with handsent and gosms apps
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!

This has happened to me a couple times but I always thought it was a networking issue. I use the GoSMS text app. My phone wouldn't get texts for a couple hours and then they'd all come at once. It was the same way with phone calls too. People would say they'd been calling me for over an hour but my phone never rang. Never figured out what the issue was, but it's happened to me about 3 times in the past 8 months.

I was having similar issues as you, except in reverse. I was getting messages in duplicate or triplicate 4-5 times a week, sometimes hours after they were sent. I spoke with AT&T support and they had me change out my SIM card (that was late last week). It hasn't really happened since then, so hopefully that resolved the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jfgelfuso View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else has run across this issue lately. I bought a One X back in August, and had no issues until about a month ago. People tell me that they regularly get double messages from me, and I have seen the same with texts from others to my phone. I also will not receive any messages for a period of time, only to receive them an our or two late, often in a bunch. I don't think it's a network issue, since no one I know on AT&T is experiencing this. Any ideas? Has this been touched upon on this forum already?

Thanks,
    Joe
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks guys. I'll head to AT&T and have them swap out the sim..

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

I recommend you use Facebook messenger and enable the sms/mms built in option.. This works good and also allows for true iPhone like group mms.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums