Texting issues with AT&T One X

jfgelfuso

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else has run across this issue lately. I bought a One X back in August, and had no issues until about a month ago. People tell me that they regularly get double messages from me, and I have seen the same with texts from others to my phone. I also will not receive any messages for a period of time, only to receive them an our or two late, often in a bunch. I don't think it's a network issue, since no one I know on AT&T is experiencing this. Any ideas? Has this been touched upon on this forum already?

Thanks,
Joe

chellers_mi

May 25, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me a couple times but I always thought it was a networking issue. I use the GoSMS text app. My phone wouldn't get texts for a couple hours and then they'd all come at once. It was the same way with phone calls too. People would say they'd been calling me for over an hour but my phone never rang. Never figured out what the issue was, but it's happened to me about 3 times in the past 8 months.

mercan01

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I was having similar issues as you, except in reverse. I was getting messages in duplicate or triplicate 4-5 times a week, sometimes hours after they were sent. I spoke with AT&T support and they had me change out my SIM card (that was late last week). It hasn't really happened since then, so hopefully that resolved the issue.

I was wondering if anyone else has run across this issue lately. I bought a One X back in August, and had no issues until about a month ago. People tell me that they regularly get double messages from me, and I have seen the same with texts from others to my phone. I also will not receive any messages for a period of time, only to receive them an our or two late, often in a bunch. I don't think it's a network issue, since no one I know on AT&T is experiencing this. Any ideas? Has this been touched upon on this forum already?

Thanks,
Joe

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I recommend you use Facebook messenger and enable the sms/mms built in option.. This works good and also allows for true iPhone like group mms.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34