Bloat Ware

Morgoroth

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have read several threads that talk about disabling all the bloat ware on this phone.
But, I haven't been able to find any suggested lists for exactly what that bloat ware is.
So, does anyone have one of these lists or could we make one?

I'll edit the OP so that there is a list here, but this is what I have disabled on my phone:

ATT Address Book
ATT Code Scanner
ATT Contacts SyncMLProvider
ATT Family Map
ATT HotSpots
ATT Navagator

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
XDA forums has a list. Use Titanium Backup Pro to freeze apps and defrost them when needed.

Or just use a debloated ROM : )

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
ATT usually sticks these apps on the device as SYSTEM apps, which makes them (nigh) impossible to uninstall or disable without root.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Well dang. I would consider a root, but I don't know with jb comming out next year....:)

That's okay, what can you disable without root? Post it here... Disabling the carrier boat is a good start.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Morgoroth

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Manage Apps. you can uninstall the ones you downloaded, but you can also get rid of updates and disable the rest of them.
I just went through and disabled a lot of the ones that said ATT something something.
The only problem is, that they don't all tell you what the app actually does.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well dang. I would consider a root, but I don't know with jb comming out next year....:)

I'm running the sense 4.1.1 JB release that htc released to the Asian market, through the ViperXL 3.0 rom... It is stock with no tweaks/no att bloat, gets crazy good battery life. Even if you wait to do anything til the JB update from att, it will have bloat on it and I'm sure the exploit for unlocking/rooting will be patched>> then you will have to wait some time for devs to find another way if you want to truley debloat the phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance