Old guy new phone needs some help

tward1955

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Since it seems ATT is in no hurry to update to Jellybean I am asking for a bit of help. I have been trying to figure out what I need to do to get Jellybean on my phone,AT&T HTC One X, and I am just an old fart that is totally confused on what I need to do. Can someone tell me what I need to do i.e. unlock, upload this or that. I can't seem to find an all in one answer. Thanks in advance.....

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you asking how to get a custom rom onto your phone? Or are you asking how to put the official jelly bean rom for your phone from another provider other than att? If you want the official update, you have no choice but to wait for att to send it to us (this is what i'm waiting for). If you're trying to get a custom rom like cyanogenmod on your phone that is built off of jelly bean, then you need to go down the whole root and flash route.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
[TOOL] HTC One X (Evita) All-In-One Toolkit V2.0 [12-24-12] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof] - xda-developers

This is the easiest way to do what you want.. Just follow the instructions and everything will work out fine.

I'm guessing your phone will have what's called hboot 1.14... When flashing a rom, you will need to Fastboot flash the rom, then go into recovery and install that same rom (you can fastboot flash in this toolkit). If you do not have hboot 1.14, you won't need to fastboot flash, just install in recovery.

Make sure you read through everything a few times before you attempt to do anything! At that point you will either be discouraged from doing this, or you will be prepared for it.

tward1955

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
After reading and reading and sweating bricks I finally decided to proceed with trying to load a custom ROM...Well I must be the dumbest guy on the planet....I went to the one stop shopping toolkit and followed the directions step by step and could not get it to function on my window 7 machine. Hit the load driver step...nothing....hit the load into bootloader command and nothing.....so being the never give up sort of person I decided to try using my Mac machine and going to HTCDev and unlocking...download software and look for files that I need to do process and they are not there......so I try downloading again.....no luck.....well this no give up guy just gave up...I guess I will just have to wait on ATT to give up the ghost......Oh Well.......

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
You have to make sure usb debugging is checked all cache is cleared and I believe fastboot has to be disabled make sure your computer recognises it if you ha e the HTC software on your computer delete it
Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
The only HTC software you need is the HTC drivers to leave it in charge mode only do not mount the Sd card it won't work

tward1955

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
OK now I am really starting to feel stoopid. I think I have tried just about everything so I am going to give this one more shot and see what happens. I have downloaded the all in one tool kit and followed the instructions but this is what I get. I have a Win 7 desktop, I restart and clear phone cache. Open All in one. Hit install drivers, nothing happens...OK so I am guessing they are already installed since I can run sync manager fine. I go to HTCDev and open browser with registered login. Next go to boot into bootloader, nothing, no white screen, nothing. Any guess as to what the heck I am doing wrong????
Thanks

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
You can not run sync manager, and this tool kit. They are incompatible you must delete it. You most likely will never be able to use sync manager ever. I'm assuming you must use win.rar on the windows side. You must unpack all the files that it tells you to. Sometimes it's a pain bc you have to open the file, and see which one you need. Go to the developers thread and make sure it's the latest version. ONCE ROOTED NEVER ACCEPT AT&T/ HTC UPDATES EVER. NEVER RUN SYNC MANAGER!! IT'S LIKE RUNNING FULL SYNTHETIC OIL. YOU SIMPLY NEVER GO BACK.

tward1955

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Let the saga continue...I really appreciate the help....I got every thing to work up to submit token. I copy and submit as the tutorial states and all I keep getting is token length wrong. I have checked re checked and copied and paste several times same results......?????

Error Code: Invalid Bootloader Token Length.
Error Reason: The submitted Token appears to be the wrong length and won't work.

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You need to paste in the start/end bits in the token, that kept me in trouble for a while.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

tward1955

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
This will be my last effort to try and get this done. The last time I ran the All in one when I submitted my token it gave me an error code of 160. It is frustrating to see and read of so many people able to get it done and all I get is error codes. I am certain somebody has an answer just hoping they read this and give me some help.
Thanks

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Give a detailed description of what you do how you do it and when and your h boot version

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I did that...the angle brackets >>><<<< if that is what they are called...

Also, make sure that "INFO" at the beginning of each line is deleted (it's not a part of the token that htc wants)
Have you tried to paste it without those brackets included, don't put >>>>>>ID TOKEN START<<<<<<< or the one at the end.. just to see if that works.

When I did it, it was because of something like that that I either included or didn't include

tward1955

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I will try removing the brackets and copy what I have on the screen should it fail. I can't do it until Monday on my window desktop at work...Mac family at home...

tward1955

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I guess it is just not suppose to happen for me. I tried with and without brackets, first time without I received error token length not correct and when I try with brackets I get error 160. So I guess I will just have to wait on ATT...that sucks....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown