HTC One X: Problem with Skype & Viber

fkbl1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask or post but I'm kinda desperate. I just bought a brand new HTC One X everything is great. A great phone really. The call quality is great but I have a very annoying problem. Although my mic works just fine (tried it with calling, voice recording, video recording), when trying to talk on Viber or Skype people barely hear me. I hear them just fine but they don't. I tried calling echo123/Skype testing service and recorded myself on speaker and with headphones. With the headphones it's fine, they hear me just fine, but almost nothing can be heard on speaker. With Viber even the headphones don't work. Any idea how to fix it? I tried reinstalling both apps and even tried older versions. Everything is up to date - Android 4.1.1, HTC Sense 4+, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problem with Skype & Viber

Hello,

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask or post but I'm kinda desperate. I just bought a brand new HTC One X everything is great. A great phone really. The call quality is great but I have a very annoying problem. Although my mic works just fine (tried it with calling, voice recording, video recording), when trying to talk on Viber or Skype people barely hear me. I hear them just fine but they don't. I tried calling echo123/Skype testing service and recorded myself on speaker and with headphones. With the headphones it's fine, they hear me just fine, but almost nothing can be heard on speaker. With Viber even the headphones don't work. Any idea how to fix it? I tried reinstalling both apps and even tried older versions. Everything is up to date - Android 4.1.1, HTC Sense 4+, etc.

Here's a long shot but what are you connected to and how fast is your speed. Could be a data issue.

fkbl1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I think this is what the issue is. I just went to a friend's house and connected to his router and I made two perfect calls on both apps. Will change the router tomorrow and see if it works.

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi,
This is an official representative of Viber Media. I'm here to offer my assistance.
Please check the following link for possible solutions: WP7: Viber Connection Issues
If the issue persists please let us know.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Thanks,
Viber

Krasimir Lazarov

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

Hello, i bought xtouch mobile and the os is android 4.1.1 my problem is viber calls are not working, i can hear the people but they cant hear me at all and they say its cutting and noisy big time, messages are working just fine. Other programs are working normal, is the problem from the phone or viber?

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hello, i bought xtouch mobile and the os is android 4.1.1 my problem is viber calls are not working, i can hear the people but they cant hear me at all and they say its cutting and noisy big time, messages are working just fine. Other programs are working normal, is the problem from the phone or viber?

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

Ronaldjit Irungbam

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Hi, the micro phone doesn't work on fiber on my Micromax canvas A111. I just bought it yesterday n installed viber. When I make calls through viber I can hear the person from the other end but from my phone the voice does not go through. I have uninstalled n reinstalled it several times. Checked the setting also but still doesn't work. Please help.

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi, the micro phone doesn't work on fiber on my Micromax canvas A111. I just bought it yesterday n installed viber. When I make calls through viber I can hear the person from the other end but from my phone the voice does not go through. I have uninstalled n reinstalled it several times. Checked the setting also but still doesn't work. Please help.

Please note that we haven?t fully tested your device yet, and therefore we cannot assure that Viber works 100% smoothly on it. That may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially compatible devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?

We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

bevscunanan

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Hi i installed viber in my samsung galaxy win but cant access calls. Text is working but calls is not. Please help

Manu Khanna

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: receiver cant hear the Viber caller using android micromax mobile

Viber call goes automatically in to hands free mode and can't be changed. its quite irritating. I reinstalled and it worked right for a day but again went back to the same problem. I'm using Micromax A63

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: receiver cant hear the Viber caller using android micromax mobile

Viber call goes automatically in to hands free mode and can't be changed. its quite irritating. I reinstalled and it worked right for a day but again went back to the same problem. I'm using Micromax A63

This is the One X section >.< Have you tried clearing cache?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci