Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One X: Problem with Skype & Viber

Hello,

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask or post but I'm kinda desperate. I just bought a brand new HTC One X everything is great. A great phone really. The call quality is great but I have a very annoying problem. Although my mic works just fine (tried it with calling, voice recording, video recording), when trying to talk on Viber or Skype people barely hear me. I hear them just fine but they don't. I tried calling echo123/Skype testing service and recorded myself on speaker and with headphones. With the headphones it's fine, they hear me just fine, but almost nothing can be heard on speaker. With Viber even the headphones don't work. Any idea how to fix it? I tried reinstalling both apps and even tried older versions. Everything is up to date - Android 4.1.1, HTC Sense 4+, etc.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-09-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Default Re: Problem with Skype & Viber

Quote Originally Posted by fkbl1 View Post
    Hello,

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask or post but I'm kinda desperate. I just bought a brand new HTC One X everything is great. A great phone really. The call quality is great but I have a very annoying problem. Although my mic works just fine (tried it with calling, voice recording, video recording), when trying to talk on Viber or Skype people barely hear me. I hear them just fine but they don't. I tried calling echo123/Skype testing service and recorded myself on speaker and with headphones. With the headphones it's fine, they hear me just fine, but almost nothing can be heard on speaker. With Viber even the headphones don't work. Any idea how to fix it? I tried reinstalling both apps and even tried older versions. Everything is up to date - Android 4.1.1, HTC Sense 4+, etc.
    Here's a long shot but what are you connected to and how fast is your speed. Could be a data issue.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I think this is what the issue is. I just went to a friend's house and connected to his router and I made two perfect calls on both apps. Will change the router tomorrow and see if it works.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Hi,
    This is an official representative of Viber Media. I'm here to offer my assistance.
    Please check the following link for possible solutions: WP7: Viber Connection Issues
    If the issue persists please let us know.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
    Thanks,
    Viber
    A member of the Viber R&D Team (Viber app.)

Hello, i bought xtouch mobile and the os is android 4.1.1 my problem is viber calls are not working, i can hear the people but they cant hear me at all and they say its cutting and noisy big time, messages are working just fine. Other programs are working normal, is the problem from the phone or viber?

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krasimir Lazarov View Post
    Hello, i bought xtouch mobile and the os is android 4.1.1 my problem is viber calls are not working, i can hear the people but they cant hear me at all and they say its cutting and noisy big time, messages are working just fine. Other programs are working normal, is the problem from the phone or viber?
    Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?
    We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

Hi, the micro phone doesn't work on fiber on my Micromax canvas A111. I just bought it yesterday n installed viber. When I make calls through viber I can hear the person from the other end but from my phone the voice does not go through. I have uninstalled n reinstalled it several times. Checked the setting also but still doesn't work. Please help.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldjit Irungbam View Post
    Hi, the micro phone doesn't work on fiber on my Micromax canvas A111. I just bought it yesterday n installed viber. When I make calls through viber I can hear the person from the other end but from my phone the voice does not go through. I have uninstalled n reinstalled it several times. Checked the setting also but still doesn't work. Please help.
    Please note that we havent fully tested your device yet, and therefore we cannot assure that Viber works 100% smoothly on it. That may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially compatible devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?

We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

Hi i installed viber in my samsung galaxy win but cant access calls. Text is working but calls is not. Please help

Default receiver cant hear the Viber caller using android micromax mobile

receiver cant hear me calling through Viber using android micromax mobile

Default Re: receiver cant hear the Viber caller using android micromax mobile

Viber call goes automatically in to hands free mode and can't be changed. its quite irritating. I reinstalled and it worked right for a day but again went back to the same problem. I'm using Micromax A63

Global Posts
    3,915 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: receiver cant hear the Viber caller using android micromax mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Manu Khanna View Post
    Viber call goes automatically in to hands free mode and can't be changed. its quite irritating. I reinstalled and it worked right for a day but again went back to the same problem. I'm using Micromax A63
    This is the One X section >.< Have you tried clearing cache?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html