Google play store will not open!

NG7

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I have just tried to install an app and it would not install, so I tried to install a different app and that app would not work either, I then decided to close down the app and re open it and now it will not even open it!! It crashes and takes me back to the home screen before I even get a chance to do anything :( I have force stopped the app cleared the data and cache and it still doesn't work. I cannot find anything to help me open it the only thing I can think of doing is doing a factory reset but I don't know how to back up the phone before doing that. I am using a HTC One X Plus.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Factory resetting isn't a bad thing, copy what you want to keep onto a PC -- even though factory resetting will not erase anything on the sd card partition that your pics/numbers/music is on, you can do this as a precaution

kizy

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Why not uninstalling app?then download it again at the third store.

Of course,you also stop it through hitting Task manager.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Vogue

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I just had the same problem,went into application manager,FORCE STOPPED and cleared cache now seems to be working.

franca pitruzzello

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I have just tried to install an app and it would not install, so I tried to install a different app and that app would not work either, I then decided to close down the app and re open it and now it will not even open it!! It crashes and takes me back to the home screen before I even get a chance to do anything :( I have force stopped the app cleared the data and cache and it still doesn't work. I cannot find anything to help me open it the only thing I can think of doing is doing a factory reset but I don't know how to back up the phone before doing that. I am using a HTC One X Plus.

Ummando

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue. The guy at the AT&T told me to perform a factory reset. Does anyone know if that works? I believe I tried the Forced Stop and Clear Cache. Should I also Clear Data?

This is really annoying and I don't want to loose my data and settings.

Thanks. :mad:

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Clear data on the app should be the first thing to try; that is basically like hitting the reset button on the app, and it should behave as if it were the first time it ran.

Playstore

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, i tried to clear data, clear catch, forced to stop it, but nothing seems to help.
I also have the htc one x+, dont know if a reset would help, did anyone tried it yet?

Ashlee Coleman

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
google play store will not open
1- make sure your download manager is enabled
If it is, you're good to go
If not proceed
2- force stop, clear data, lock phone.....
3-drive to nearest mountinous area
4-Hike dangerous terrain and summit highest peak
5- relax and enjoy the view
6- take phone out, unlock and take a selfie
7- throw the piece of s**t off of the mountain a grapple down the steepest face of the mountain
8- drive back and get some rest
9- wake up refreshed and recall what you did
10- start your insurance claim for the lost or stollen device

**Note**
You must have insurance for this to benefit you in any way

Alyssa Yanowsky

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

1. Go to settings
2. Hit apps then all apps there should be a list of all your apps

3. Scroll down the list to "download manager"

4. Check if its disabled if it is enable it
5. If that doesn't work, but it did for me, then scroll down the list to make sure nothing else is enabled.

Cool_magnets

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the advice about enabling the down load manager. That worked for my wifes HTC One X. I dont know how it came to be disabled but thats computers for you!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza