Wi-Fi stuck on "Turning on..."
I have a stock HTC one x, still have 4.0.4 Ice Cream sandwich on. My WiFi has decided to stop working on me and it is now stuck on a "Turning on.." screen, after a couple of minutes it proceeds to tell me "error" and then continues the cycle. Not sure if its hardware related or software related. I'm assuming its an android issue but I can't find a fix. I have tried the following:
1. Downloading "WiFi Fixer" on the play store.
2. Let the phone battery die completely to maybe help reset the cache.
3. Turning the phone on and off repeatedly.
I have read almost everywhere that a factory reset does not fix the problem so I'm not going to do that until I run completely out of options. Could use some advice. Has anyone found a proper fix?
- 01-14-2013, 12:30 PM #3
- 01-15-2013, 01:14 AM #4
Re: Wi-Fi stuck on "Turning on..."
Thanks for the reply icebike. In your post instructions you said the following:"The only way to actually connect, is to first connect to some random guest account of an unencrypted router, or have another of your own junk drawer routers set up as an open WiFi (not actually connected to the net). After successfully connecting to an unsecured router, you can then connect to your secured router."
My problem is I can't actually get to the phase where I can select a network to connect to. Its litterally stuck on the turning on phase.
Any ideas? Or am I just missing something?
- 01-22-2013, 07:52 PM #6
- 06-18-2014, 06:09 AM #7
- 4 Posts
Re: Wi-Fi stuck on "Turning on..."
WIFI Fixer didnt work for me
After more than a week with NO WIFI, i have finally figured it out.
Here are the detailed.
ISSUE: After OTA update of 4.4.3 on new nexus 5, the phone was rebooted automatically and after reboot WIFI button was greyed out. It only showed "TURNING ON".
FAILED SOLUTION ATTEMPTS: Following step DID NOT HELP
1. Factory reset
2. Battery drain and recharge after full drain
3. Power off for few hours and restart
4. Whacking the set on palm (yes, whacking, it was a recommended solution on a thread)
5. Opened the handset and checked all the hardware link, every thing was fine
6. Bootloader unlock, recovery installation (TWRP), downgrade to 4.4.2 (downloaded from google's web page)
7. Downgrade to 4.4
8. OTA update from down graded firmware
9. Sideloading the 4.4.3 update on firmware 4.4.2
10. Rooting, and installation of custom ROM (slimKat, Cynaogen mod)
11. Installation of custom kernel (linaro)
12. Flashing of 4.4.2 & 4.4 Radio/Boot images on stock rom of 4.4.3
13. Clean install of 4.4.3 (removing everything from phone except recovery)
14. *#*#4636#*#*, goto wifi and restart.
15. *#*#4636#*#*, wifi state shown "UN-INITIALIZED"
Actual Solution that worked
***** Install Paranoid Android ROM on rooted Nexus 5. The issue is with Kernel , which control the HW/OS communication. Apparently Kernel of this ROM removed the issue (but installation of SlimKat/CyanogenMod/Custom Kernel).
I then restored the backup of stock 4.4.3 from recovery and did a factory reset. Wifi & every thing else works fine now *****
- By JohannFu in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus SliderReplies: 24Last Post: 04-19-2012, 09:00 AM
- By CaMelGuY1337 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 03-15-2012, 05:10 PM
- By imekul in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 17Last Post: 01-11-2011, 08:34 PM
- By 0pusX in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 3Last Post: 07-15-2010, 06:41 PM
- By scotth45 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 0Last Post: 06-08-2010, 08:44 PM