Wi-Fi stuck on "Turning on..."
I have a stock HTC one x, still have 4.0.4 Ice Cream sandwich on. My WiFi has decided to stop working on me and it is now stuck on a "Turning on.." screen, after a couple of minutes it proceeds to tell me "error" and then continues the cycle. Not sure if its hardware related or software related. I'm assuming its an android issue but I can't find a fix. I have tried the following:
1. Downloading "WiFi Fixer" on the play store.
2. Let the phone battery die completely to maybe help reset the cache.
3. Turning the phone on and off repeatedly.
I have read almost everywhere that a factory reset does not fix the problem so I'm not going to do that until I run completely out of options. Could use some advice. Has anyone found a proper fix?
- 01-14-2013, 12:30 PM #3
- 01-15-2013, 01:14 AM #4
Re: Wi-Fi stuck on "Turning on..."
Thanks for the reply icebike. In your post instructions you said the following:
"The only way to actually connect, is to first connect to some random guest account of an unencrypted router, or have another of your own junk drawer routers set up as an open WiFi (not actually connected to the net). After successfully connecting to an unsecured router, you can then connect to your secured router."
My problem is I can't actually get to the phase where I can select a network to connect to. Its litterally stuck on the turning on phase.
Any ideas? Or am I just missing something?
- 01-22-2013, 07:52 PM #6
- By JohannFu in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus SliderReplies: 24Last Post: 04-19-2012, 09:00 AM
- By CaMelGuY1337 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 03-15-2012, 05:10 PM
- By ShiftNo in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 17Last Post: 01-11-2011, 08:34 PM
- By 0pusX in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 3Last Post: 07-15-2010, 06:41 PM
- By scotth45 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 0Last Post: 06-08-2010, 08:44 PM