Breaking news: ATT jelly bean update for the HOX is being written by hand.

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Turns out, the reason we have been waiting for the jelly bean update for so long over here in the states, is because of one executives unique experiment.
He states "We have heard that the cortex architecture in the ipad chips is optimized by hand over at apple, and we decided to take this idea one step further"
He continues, "We have been writing the code to the HOX jelly bean update entirely by hand, with ink and paper, in an attempt to make the best android update ever seen, free of bugs"
This unorthodox approach is taking the company up to 3 times longer than regular updates, and has yet to be proven as more reliable. The HTC One X is a solid 2 upgrade cycles behind, and may be inching up to 3. When asked if they would begin work on the next update in this fashion, the executive replied "Oh hell no, we're cranking that out and getting on with ourselves. Don't be ridiculous"

But seriously folks, wtf.......

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
This is fictitious, why do the one XL's in Asia and Canada have the update? Htc may have done the "written by hand" but were finished last month, December 17th when they released the 4.1 update to Asia markets. The only thing att does is add their restrictions and bloat and to make sure their apps work on it before they release it.

I have the 4.1 update on my phone via rom, and it is stable with no issues

And "the one x is a solid 2 upgrades behind"? Right, the gs3 got jelly bean December 13th to 27th and they were considered "on time". Whoever wrote that article that you are quoting is clearly just butt hurt that they don't have the update yet

cosmith71

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Um, I think he was being sarcastic. "Butt Hurt"? Sure, since every One X in the world except AT&T's pretty much has their update now.

Besides, I'm pretty sure they're carving it into stone using ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphs. Pen and paper kills too many trees.

--C

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I was stating whoever wrote that article, but if you made this up I must say its the best venting on the forums for lack of update I have ever seen. Bravo. Haha

Now I will tuck my tail and walk

My whole thing is, why keep complaining when you know it's not coming yet? You can do something about it ya know -- root and put ViperXL on it.. No bloat, better performance and you get to stick it to att by tethering without needing the plan for it

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Article I was quoting? I'm flattered, but no. I was just being silly, after being frustrated with waiting on ATT.
I want to use my xbox controller and HOX as a homemade "nvidia shield", but then I remembered that I don't have USB on the go until the jelly bean update.

TrackinCheetah

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
So when should we expect JB? Later than expected? Will we fall far behind from Rogers instead of just being lightly worse? AT&T is losing so many customers in the future, me included. It's past early January where they were speculating, will we even receive it Q1?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ya, I highly doubt that they will lose "so many customers" considering the majority don't care about updates. And if you leave att you will pay more (Verizon) or have worse service (sprint).. So have fun with that

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
It will be absolutely hilarious if the Galaxy Note, S2, and Skyrocket get JB before the HTC One X, which seems quite possible at this point.

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
It will be absolutely hilarious if the Galaxy Note, S2, and Skyrocket get JB before the HTC One X, which seems quite possible at this point.

The Galaxy Rugby Pro is getting an OTA Jellybean update right now so... It could happen

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy Rugby Pro is getting an OTA Jellybean update right now so... It could happen

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Lol. Yea, I just seen AT&T tweet that a couple hours ago. How embarrassing for HTC, and clearly this is why they're losing the early adopter/enthusiast crowd to Samsung.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
They're losing the early adoption because htc didn't advertise anything. Samsung spent millions upon millions in marketing, htc doesn't have as many products as Sammy to back it up with that good of marketing.

I think the whole "this phone hasn't seen an update yet!" Fury isn't as widespread as most people think. The majority of people that buy phones don't choose based on updates. They look at specs and quality.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
They're losing the early adoption because htc didn't advertise anything. Samsung spent millions upon millions in marketing, htc doesn't have as many products as Sammy to back it up with that good of marketing.

I think the whole "this phone hasn't seen an update yet!" Fury isn't as widespread as most people think. The majority of people that buy phones don't choose based on updates. They look at specs and quality.

I barely watch TV and the only ads I've seen about a Samsung phone are the ones linked on forums and the ones I searched for because I seen it during the super bowl or something. I do, however, follow tech blogs and I see a Samsung Rugby Pro getting updated to JB and release dates for GS2 JB updates while the HTC One X on AT&T is still stuck on ICS.

You don't need marketing to tell me which manufacturer offers a better, more future proof investment.

And no, it's not as widespread as you're saying people think, but this is Android Central, not the Facebook Soccer Mom group.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
You mean to tell me that you haven't seen the multiple commercials making fun of apple customers? There's more than a handful, and it was brilliant if you ask me. Meanwhile htc sat on their thumbs and released a device to one major carrier, rather than all 4 in the US.

If you've ever had a htc phone before this, not getting an update "on time" isn't new. Shoulda chose a different phone instead of crying on the Internet

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I was stating whoever wrote that article, but if you made this up I must say its the best venting on the forums for lack of update I have ever seen. Bravo. Haha

Now I will tuck my tail and walk

My whole thing is, why keep complaining when you know it's not coming yet? You can do something about it ya know -- root and put ViperXL on it.. No bloat, better performance and you get to stick it to att by tethering without needing the plan for it

I have never rooted, flashed, etcetera and I'm wondering how easy it is. Also, I've heard that certain features don't work on a rooted, flashed phone. 1 that I heard was burst mode for the camera. Is that true?

Sent from my HTC One X

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
It really is easy, but I would advise to read up on it plenty, before you actually unlock-root-and rom.

I was running the newest ViperXL, it's sense JB (the same JB that att is holding back, only with tweaks).. Any sense rom will have the sense camera, and I can confirm burst mode works very well. AOSP roms have the stock google/cm camera, and it doesnt have as good of a burst mode.

This toolkit is the easiest way to get things done. [TOOL] HTC One X (Evita) All-In-One Toolkit V2.0 [12-24-12] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof] - xda-developers

But I advise you read up on navigating through the bootloader, and how to properly flash before you do it.

EDIT: this toolkit is for the AT&T/Rogers one x (known as the OneXL).. If you have the international one x, there is a different toolkit

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Bizzle69, you seem so angry and confrontational. That's surprising, seeing as how your username would suggest that you are the epitome of sophistication.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
It was in response to the "Facebook for soccer moms" comment.. But you are right, shoulda kept my mouth shut.

Just frustrated with seeing people being irrational about this whole thing, but that's just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong

Oh, and it's bizzle69 because ImaDoucheNozzle69 was taken

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01