How to get pics from phone onto mac? I'm going crazy...

abaloney77

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm a first time Android user having switched over from an iPhone. I can't seem to figure out how to get the pictures I've taken on my phone onto my macbook. I've clicked those certain three settings in the phone, and have HTC sync manager downloaded on my computer.

When I plug the phone into my computer and mount it as a disk drive nothing comes up in the folders on my finder bar except for stuff I've downloaded onto the phone. Why aren't my pics showing up?

Thanks for the help!

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Change directory to /sdcard/DCIM. If you are only seeing downloaded files on the phone, that would be the /sdcard/Downloads folder. Just go up one, and then into DCIM. The phone has a file system, EXACTLY like a computer does, so it won't just glom all the files together in one place for you. To see this easier, download a file manager to your phone (if you do not have one already, Astro is a good free one), and browse around so you can see the file structure. You should be able to figure out where your Mac is dumping you, and move to the correct place.

Movies and Pics are placed in subfolders within DCIM, 100Media for example on mine.

abaloney77

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Loraque,

I'm pretty low tech so just to clarify, download Astro to my phone, play around with it and search for the files?

I've played around with all the files that pops up onto my mac and I didn't think there was anything in them but the downloads folder.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma