Camera always using battery power?

Sheriff Woody

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
In the power consumption screen (battery use), it shows my Camera has used 16% of the battery, even though I took no photos and did not even open the camera app. Under Use Details, it shows CPU total = 0s.

Does the camera always use battery, even if you don't use the camera itself?

Also, are there any steps I could take to minimize the battery use apart from turning off auto-sync and lowering the screen brightness?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Once you are done using the camera, pull up multitasking and remove it (kill it)... should solve your problem. If not, find it in settings>apps>camera and clear the cache.

Sheriff Woody

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Once you are done using the camera, pull up multitasking and remove it (kill it)... should solve your problem. If not, find it in settings>apps>camera and clear the cache.

I always clear everything when I'm done with it, and the camera still has a tendency to keep going even hours after I use it.

I noticed that it goes away from the Power consumption screen after a full battery charge. I need to take a pic of my new TV, so I'll try clearing the cache and see what happens after that.

Thanks for all the info so far. If anyone has anything to add, please do. All help is appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad