Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Default Re: HTC One X Jellybean (at&t)

No worries man haha... that thread for Jellybam and all the links are very confusing, and i actually did the same thing when first installing it... was trying to download 4.0, downloaded 3.3
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzle69 View Post
    No worries man haha... that thread for Jellybam and all the links are very confusing, and i actually did the same thing when first installing it... was trying to download 4.0, downloaded 3.3
    Wow! Works like charm! Thanks a lot for your help.
    Bizzle69 likes this.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

i think i have to seriously look into rooting, wating on att is starting to perterb me. ha
    when i had the BB Bold, there were always new updates floating around. but maybe i just have to do a little more learning about android
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by josney View Post
    i think i have to seriously look into rooting, wating on att is starting to perterb me. ha
    when i had the BB Bold, there were always new updates floating around. but maybe i just have to do a little more learning about android
    You'll like it. I just did it for the first time and though I was nervous it was all relatively easy. I'm now running ViperXL 3.2. It's basically just like the upgrade you would get from at&t but with additional customization options and none of the at&t bloat!
    Another nice thing about Viper is that it installs easily and you will get upgrades ota (correct me if I'm wrong peeps) so it's really nice for rookies!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tcm1969 View Post
    You'll like it. I just did it for the first time and though I was nervous it was all relatively easy. I'm now running ViperXL 3.2. It's basically just like the upgrade you would get from at&t but with additional customization options and none of the at&t bloat!
    Another nice thing about Viper is that it installs easily and you will get upgrades ota (correct me if I'm wrong peeps) so it's really nice for rookies!

I've been thinking about this also. ViperXL sounds pretty good. Where should I go to learn about this process to get started? My phone is not even rooted yet. So I will be starting from scratch.

Thanks in advance!

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

this is the One X index of everything you really need... if you scroll down, under ROOT the second link is the all in one toolkit... this is what you will be unlocking the bootloader with, putting custom recovery on your phone, and flashing your first rom with... It has many uses, just read the OP (original post) in that thread, or any thread for that matter, to get the jist of things...

[INDEX] AT&T/ROGERS One X Resources Compilation Roll-Up (Updated 1/14/13) - xda-developers

Take your time and read... this process is very simple with this toolkit, and IS easy, BUT you can always mess up a step or two. Don't worry if you do mess up, 99% of the time you can just start over and try again....
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

Thanked by 4:
    pjniez, dakid2k6 and EjWilkes0121 like this.

This one's cool!

[REQ][MOD]BB10 lockscreen - xda-developers

Patching BB10's lockscreen to Android.

Still waiting for zips to flash.

AT&T HTC One X running JellyBam 4.1

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Ya, it's for aosp, keep an eye on that thread to see if they end up making a compatible zip with the one x
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

Thanked by:
    EjWilkes0121 likes this.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Give ViperXL a try, if you like sense you won't regret rooting your phone and installing this. It is amazing!!!
    Bizzle69 and EjWilkes0121 like this.

I'm considering getting ViperXL just to get the playstation mobile apps for free this month
    Bizzle69 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by bellifritz View Post
    Give ViperXL a try, if you like sense you won't regret rooting your phone and installing this. It is amazing!!!
    Have you noticed a huge difference in "smoothness"? Maybe my expectations were too high but the speed and smoothness of the OS seem the same to me. Granted, I now have all of the jellybean features but I have heard so much about Project Butter and the difference it was going to make that I'm a little disappointed.
    Now, my HOX on ICS seemed quick and smooth so maybe I just have a good one and JB wasn't going to be a game changer for me but I doubt it.
    I was expecting no lag or delay when opening and closing apps, sweeping through home screens, etc.

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

Have you noticed a huge difference in "smoothness"? Maybe my expectations were too high but the speed and smoothness of the OS seem the same to me. Granted, I now have all of the jellybean features but I have heard so much about Project Butter and the difference it was going to make that I'm a little disappointed.
    Now, my HOX on ICS seemed quick and smooth so maybe I just have a good one and JB wasn't going to be a game changer for me but I doubt it.
    I was expecting no lag or delay when opening and closing apps, sweeping through home screens, etc.

For me, not huge, but things do feel much more fluid. I guess all the carrier bloatware had a detrimental effect after all...

AT&T HTC One X powered by ViperXL 3.2.1

Any recommendations on a ROM that is stock Jelly Bean?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

If you mean stock android, as in AOSP , give jellybam a try.. but don't download 5.2, run either 4.1 or 4.0(both are android 4.1.2).. it mixes cm 10, AOKP, and ParanoidAndroid... best hybrid rom
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

I rooted my one x and everything was good excep. I had no memory. It kept saying mount sd card. So of course being an newbie to rooting I just uprooted it. But thinking of trying it again. Anyone know any good roms? Or how I can get j.b.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Limon View Post
    I rooted my one x and everything was good excep. I had no memory. It kept saying mount sd card. So of course being an newbie to rooting I just uprooted it. But thinking of trying it again. Anyone know any good roms? Or how I can get j.b.

Check out Clean ROM 5.1 for bloatware free ICS with Sense or JellyBam 4.1 for JB experience.

I haven't tried Viper yet but it's got great user comments so it's worth trying as well.

AT&T HTC One X running JellyBam 4.1
    Bizzle69 likes this.

I too got tired of waiting for AT&T and went ahead and took the plunge. I rooted my One X using the toolkit and flashed the Viper XL 3.2.1 rom. I had a few problems with the process, mainly I forgot to copy the Zip version of the Rom to my phone (I extracted it before copying it) and went through all the steps including wiping the OS and couldn't flash the rom. I was so nervous! I thought I bricked my new phone but I was able to recover it, re-install the zip version of Viper and everything was all good from there. Well, except I forgot to save my contacts but I was able to get them from iCloud. Whew! It was a long and stressful experience but Viper is very smooth and fast so it was well worth it. Plus, I don't have to wait on AT&T anymore.

AT&T HTC One X running Viper XL 3.2.1

I'm trying to root my one x but the HTC dev site seems down then it never sent me my confirmation of registration.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Does the HTC sense camera work with the viper rom? Also what about the mic when recording Video? Every jelly bean non sense rom I've tried recording video the mic has a high pitch sound and very low sound just horrible.

I'm tired of waiting for JB.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Quote Originally Posted by dakid2k6 View Post
    I'm trying to root my one x but the HTC dev site seems down then it never sent me my confirmation of registration.
    The exact same thing happened to me. I had to reboot my pc and the second time it worked workout an issue!

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Quote Originally Posted by Movadoevo8 View Post
    Does the HTC sense camera work with the viper rom? Also what about the mic when recording Video? Every jelly bean non sense rom I've tried recording video the mic has a high pitch sound and very low sound just horrible.

I'm tired of waiting for JB.

I was worried about the same things. I wanted jellybean but didn't want to compromise. I am happy to report that it is what I hoped for and then some! Camera and video are great! Burst mode is there. Video sound is actually a little louder than it was. The Devs also threw in the option of adding Sony's Bravia engine optimization for photos!
    One thing I used a lot before was voice to text for emails and text messages. It was always pretty good but now, since it no longer needs a connection, holy crap is it quick and accurate!!

The exact same thing happened to me. I had to reboot my pc and the second time it worked workout an issue!

I tried that and still nothing. I even emailed support. Was told in a nutshell that the site seems to work when it wants.
    What type of stuff is that coming from them.

After getting the phone back to working order I put Viper XL back on, a lot of tweaks and hidden goodies there. My signal strength even improved plus adding hotspot capability. Viper xl is super over ICS.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Thanks for confirming!

I have to add too after getting Viper XL back on and everything set up the way I wanted it . I unplugged the USB charger for a over night and now roughly 18 hours later with a few phone calls and a little tweaking , with a few weather apps running the battery is at 94 %. I would say that is good battery life. One the factory ICS battery didn't last 10 hours before a dead phone. That 18 hours even included a couple of hours experimenting with ADB wireless too.
    pjniez and Bizzle69 like this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast