HTC One X Warranty: Replacement Phone Refurbished Or New?

brandenlee

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
When HTC can't repair your phone do they replace it with a refurbished model or give you a whole new phone?

Here is my issue, MY PHONE EXPLODED! LOL.

I was in my room as my phone was charging in the kitchen, I heard a loud POP, but I didn't think anything of it, about 10 mins later the smoke alarm went off, I ran to the kitchen to see that my phone was on fire, The whole right side of the phone is burnt to a crisp, (Where the charging port is) The phone is melted in from the charging port, The POP came from the screen exploding from the heat of the fire.

2nd Issue: I called HTC and told them what happen and shipped them my phone, I was told I will be receiving a Refurbished Or New Phone Replacement, They received it Jan 6th, and it's now Jan 23, I gave them a call today to find out what's the hold up, and come to find out they are attempting to repair the phone and it's currently on hold because they needed to order a part and it may take up to 2-3 weeks for them to receive it. So I'm about to be without a phone for a month in a half. Then he told me they don't give out Refurbished Replacement Phones, there going to build my phone from the ground up he say, Something just don't sound right,. Should I be contacting HTC corporate?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding the OEM will do what they can to repair your device. Refurbs normally only come from the carrier or store purchased warranty provider like Asurion.

I would most definitely contact your carrier and make sure its noted that you don't even have possession of your device that it is in the hands of HTC and demand a huge break on your bill for the period its been gone.

brandenlee

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh, Ok.. Thanks.

I'm going to contact corporate, The phone seriously exploded and caught on fire, If I would of left home and left my phone to charge my whole house would be gone, Thank god I didn't fall asleep. If they are seriously trying to repair it, I don't want the phone back they can keep it, I rather pay $599 for a new one or look on Ebay, I don't want to take the risk of getting back the same phone. and plus I'm not going to wait that long, thats ridiculous..

rrowe1980

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay, your phone exploded, and your only concern was.."when do i get my phone back?". Dude!! Your phone exploded!! Kids, children could have been present, you could of had an expensive budgie bird there,...lol, or irreplaceable documents nearby...lol Or, your kitchen/house could have burned down!!! But seriously, after sending in "proof" to them, they should have automatically replaced your device then, and there, as so such rare occurance doesn't happen again, not only free of charge, but a complete reimbursement of your device, along with a free one. Phone corporate, and have the end result be that you have a Free phone after this, AND a refund. Unacceptable!!!!!

rrowe1980

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
If that explosion resulted in any real damage, i'm sure a refurbishment would be the last of there worries. If my phone exploded, I wouldn't smell burned plastic, i'd smell a lawsuit. Just sayin'. Be a different issue if your car, or computer set on fire, why would a cellular device be any different?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol