Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mass Storage No More

I have had a HTC One X for 7 months and have loved it. I was able to connect my USB cable to my windows laptop and be able to select mass storage, but that option isn't available any more.

When I connect my USB cable to my laptop now all I get is 1) USB Connected which when you tap on it all its got is wi-fi hotspot etc.. and the other is USB Debugging, but no option to connect as mass storage as it was available for the last 7 months.

Why?

Now I can't use Double Twist to synchronize my ITunes Playlists to the android phone.

I was having lots of fun with this Android phone, but I'm not now, some update from Android has ruined it.

Can anyone help please?

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Default Re: Mass Storage No More

Well, sounds like you updated to jelly bean, which offers tons of advantages to what your phone was before... BUT, what you need to do is, when you plug your phone in, on the pc task bar on the far bottom right of the screen, right click the "remove disk drive" icon, and click "update drivers" (or you could navigate to device manager and update it there)... once it is done, your phone will show up in My Computer as a media device/mp3 player-- you double click it and you can browse files like before.

HTC did this so that you could use your device, while transferring stuff when connected to pc (same thing apple did with ios 5 for their devices). Couldn't do that before.

I know that none of these updates ever come with a manual of sorts from the manufacturers, but because of the technological advancements that android makes upon every update, all you have to do is just search the forums for the answers (like you have done here).
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Default Re: Mass Storage No More

And as far as playlists, i just transfer my music to my phone and use PowerAmp for my music player. It allows you to make playlists and what not, and is by far the best music player in the Play Store (has a great equalizer).

Gotta cut the cord from what you are use to using at some point when switching mobile OS's (itunes)
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!