Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MHL to HDMI

Do I have to buy one of the expensive cables or can I buy a cheap MHL to HDMI cable off of Ebay? What are the differences? Is the Wifi version that much better? Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance for any information or help.

Global Posts
    6,886 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default Re: MHL to HDMI

Expensive as in under $20? I think I paid $18.50 for my Samsung branded one, shipping included. Haven't tried any others to compare, sorry.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks that's a good price.the one that actually has HTC one X is much more expensive

Thank you

Global Posts
    6,886 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Sorry wasn't paying attention to what device you were talking about.... don't take my word that the Samsung branded one will work with your OneX.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Lopez View Post
    Do I have to buy one of the expensive cables or can I buy a cheap MHL to HDMI cable off of Ebay? What are the differences? Is the Wifi version that much better? Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance for any information or help.
    Yes pretty much any MHL adapter will work ( except for Samsung's). The only difference between the expensive the and cheap ones is quality build, which isn't much difference. I bought a cheap $5 adapter from amazon ($9 w/shipping) and it works great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

I use the Samsung adapter with my wife's HTC One X without any issues at all. But mainly most any adapter that is MHL to HDMI will work. Make sure it is powered for it to work, ie plugging USB cable into it or charger the phone came with. My S2 worked perfect with it and my wife's old HTC vivid had no issues either.

So this would work for my HOX? (It's not a + though I don't think that will make a difference.)
    MHL micro-USB To HDMI Adapter - Samsung Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoroth View Post
    So this would work for my HOX? (It's not a + though I don't think that will make a difference.)
    MHL micro-USB To HDMI Adapter - Samsung Galaxy Note II
    I would say so

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums