Not receiving text message notifications

bmw1600dfw

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
This happens often - perhaps one out of every five texts... I receive a text, but there is no notification - nothing across the top status bar, no number next to the Messages icon on the home screen. The only way I know I have received a text is if I manually open Messages.

I found that HTC was aware of this issue in May of 2012 (lots of info on tech blogs), but everything only stated that they are "working" on a fix. Has any fix been made?

This is really frustrating! I sometimes won't see a text for hours or days because I can't seem to condition myself to manually check for them.

Also, this is a "stock" One X on the ATT network.

Thanks for any help!!

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Go into settings> apps> find HTC sense and clear cache, and find messages in there to and clear cache...I never had this problem myself though (ran it stock from May to November)

semico6

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
The last answer partially helped me - but what was missing was this: on Settings > Apps > All > Messaging (of whatever messaging app you want to use)
Under the Force Stop button, there should be a check box for "Show notifications". Mine was not checked and that was the cause of my issue. Hope this helps! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol