- 2 Posts
Not receiving text message notifications
This happens often - perhaps one out of every five texts... I receive a text, but there is no notification - nothing across the top status bar, no number next to the Messages icon on the home screen. The only way I know I have received a text is if I manually open Messages.
I found that HTC was aware of this issue in May of 2012 (lots of info on tech blogs), but everything only stated that they are "working" on a fix. Has any fix been made?
This is really frustrating! I sometimes won't see a text for hours or days because I can't seem to condition myself to manually check for them.
Also, this is a "stock" One X on the ATT network.
Thanks for any help!!
- 01-28-2013, 10:50 AM #2
- 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM #4
- 09-11-2013, 02:37 PM #5
- 1 Posts
Re: Not receiving text message notifications
The last answer partially helped me - but what was missing was this: on Settings > Apps > All > Messaging (of whatever messaging app you want to use)
Under the Force Stop button, there should be a check box for "Show notifications". Mine was not checked and that was the cause of my issue. Hope this helps!
- By roachman55 in forum Droid RAZRReplies: 3Last Post: 07-07-2012, 06:02 PM
- By allaboutnewphone in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 12Last Post: 11-11-2011, 10:22 AM
- By quanb24 in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 07-23-2011, 10:24 PM
- By Brodie05 in forum AT&T Captivate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 06-14-2011, 06:59 PM
- By G.murph in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 14Last Post: 12-15-2010, 05:01 PM