Backup the HTC One X/X+ recovery

fedez1

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I've just watched:

How Phil backs up his stock Galaxy Nexus - YouTube

And I was wondering if the same thing would be possible with the HTC One X+.

In short you could use:

Code:
# fastboot boot recovery-cwm6.0.2.7-intl-hoxp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  0.896s]
booting...
OKAY [  0.008s]
finished. total time: 0.904s

to boot into ClockworkMod without flashing it to the recovery partition. This is pretty handy if you want to check if the recovery image (either cwm or twrp) actually works with your device or if you want to backup the stock recovery image.

I just tried it (both recovery-cwm6.0.2.7-intl-hoxp.img and openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.0-enrc2b.img) and it's not working with the HTC One X+. As soon as the device is restarted it gets stuck on the HTC logo. Turning it off and on again makes the device boot normally.

Any idea on how to get this to work?
Thanks!

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure, but cwm is not designed for the one x/+... twrp is what you should use.

And I'm pretty sure you can only do this on nexus devices due to the way the bootloader is on those devices

fedez1

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Not sure, but cwm is not designed for the one x/+... twrp is what you should use.

I also tried with openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.0-enrc2b.img (md5: 43fa2adcdd5ca71ee70e39503ce13463). Same behavior, stuck on the HTC logo.

And I'm pretty sure you can only do this on nexus devices due to the way the bootloader is on those devices

Does anyone know how to backup the stock recovery of an HTC One X/X+? Thanks!

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the stock recovery stays on the phone after installing twrp... the recovery img changes the end of it so that the system doesn't use it, and uses the custom recovery instead: example ... instead of .bak it will change it to something else like .bakMm2 so the system won't recognize it. All you have to do is go back and edit the file name when you want to revert to stock recovery.

Search the xda forums for the exact process, but I believe this is exactly what it does

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol