1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I need some serious help from anyone tech savvy with lots of root/bricking knowledge

Copy and pasting from XDA because I haven't gotten any replies there yet and I'm getting increasingly desperate after almost a full day of a broken phone:

I rooted my HTC One X about a week ago and installed a nightly of CyanogenMod 10. It was fun for a while but I started to notice the ROM was unstable, causing issues with battery life and freezing. So I wiped it and tried to do a restore to the backup I made just after rooting. But it didn't work. I ended up stuck in a bootloop and panicked. So I went to the same guy that showed me how to root my phone and found a video from him on how to UNROOT/UNBRICK it to get it working again. Also: had to edit out the links to the videos I used because I have less than ten posts. But his videos are stamped with AndroidRoot.

I got my bootloader relocked with no problem. But whenever I tried to use the RUU file he gave me to get HTC back on there it wouldn't work. I spent hours trying everything I could think of. I kept getting Error 155 and it would get stuck on 'Sending' and never get past it. So now I have a phone with a locked bootloader, no OS/interface, no Recovery, or anything of any kind, just my fastboot screen.

So then I gave up on the RUU (and it's the right one last I checked but maybe I'm wrong here) and decided I would just try to reroot it and find a stable ROM. Anything to get it working again. But now I can't get my bootloader unlocked. I'm following the same video as last time, and using the same unlock token that I had and everything. But it keeps failing to send the unlock token, or else it just gets stuck on 'Sending Unlock Token' in the command prompt.

Please help me I miss my phone.

Default Re: I need some serious help from anyone tech savvy with lots of root/bricking knowledge

Did you upgrade the boot loader? what version do you have?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Sent From My Galaxy Nexus
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I need some serious help from anyone tech savvy with lots of root/bricking knowledge

My phone is the ATT One X with 2.20 on it (the locked bootloader that requires the identifier token) and as far as I know I did not upgrade the bootloader. All I did was root it, put TWRP recovery on there, then I installed a CM10 nightly. Since I relocked the bootloader though nothing is working except my bootloader screen. My unlock token won't unlock it again, and I've tried to get a new one. Stock rom RUU won't install. Nothing.